TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

My first garage!

(1/23) > >>

rcampbell:
So for almost as long as I can remember, well at least since I was about 13, my younger brother and I have dreamed about the day where we could have a garage with a concrete floor and our own tools to work on our various projects.  That isn't to say I didn't appreciate the shop we had when we were kids. It was my grandfathers shop, was wooden floor, was a little cramped and drafty. But we sure loved it in there. In fact, that's where I learned so much of my "handiness" that I enjoy so much today.

Anyway, this Christmas, I'm really counting my blessings that we are able to do this. It's not what many would call a dream garage, but I think it will be wonderful. If I was rich, of course it would be bigger, and more extravagant. But I think this will do just fine.

It's going to be 24'x28' deep, two 9x8 doors, 10' ceiling. They have already poured footings, frost wall will be poured next week, and luckily enough it's going to be above freezing all next week! Should work out great. My contractor is a friend of mine, and fellow volunteer firefighter, who jut lives up the road. I will be doing electrical and interior myself, with the help of my electrician father. Getting so excited!!

Nate:
nice.  is it going to be just for automotive or will other type projects be going on as well?

rcampbell:
It will be for most all my projects, cars, trucks, woodworking, etc etc. Most of the non-winter months it will likely have only projects in it. In the snowiest part of winter we'll keep a car or two in there. To make best of use of my space I will be putting the bigger things like table saw etc on wheels, tool chest, welder etc will all be mobile as well so I can move thing around as needed.

stlaser:
My current shop is about that size. Items on casters is a must have the other thing that helped me considerably especially in winter months were the lofts I built adding more sq ft of storage space.

KensAuto:
Congrats !  I do believe you'll appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version