TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

Dawg's Shop

(1/24) > >>

Dawg25385:
Going to start an exclusively shop related thread. Lots going on down there now, so figured what the heck.

Here goes!  :beercheers:

JR:
 :likebutton:

Bob Smith:
When I get back home, I plan on coming over and check it out

Dawg25385:
So i'm starting to tool my shop. Predominantly woodworking, but I have also inherited a oxy/acetalyne torch and a Lincoln tombstone welder that i'll have setup at some point.

Got this drill press from my dad, i think i posted elsewhere where i cleaned it up. I built this stand for it on casters. You'll find that one of the themes for the woodshop and things i build as far as organization/carts/etc... i don't want to see any fasteners. So i'll be using more half-lap joinery, mortise and tenon, dados, etc. And pocket-holes if i need to use screws. Here's the stand for the drill press

Also picked up this Dust Collector. Will ultimately build a 2-stage cyclone setup, but this is a 2HP, 1700 CFM unit from Grizzly. Runs on 220, so i'm wiring up the shop with 220 plugs here and there to future proof for 'bigger' tools as well (planer/jointer/table saw/etc).

Also picked up insulation and sheeting for the double bay. This will go up as soon as wiring is done, next couple weeks.

Next, I built some clamp racks for my growing collection of Bessey clamps. First i started by laminating some 3/4 AC ply

Then i cut grooves for the bars. Did this by drilling holes on the drill press, then hogging out the material with the table saw

Used some scrap material to create this for Quick Clamps and spring clamps

Here they are together. Once the walls are insulated and sheeted, i'll probably put these on french cleats on this wall so they're more modular, and moveable

Lots more coming up!

Dawg25385:
You guys are always welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version