Hello Guest

Author Topic: teacher mike  (Read 491 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
teacher mike
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: teacher mike
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »
I like that! So true!

I have to say I was heartened to hear that my daughter (HS Freshman) History teacher (they just finished WWI) has them focused on the specific "things/events" that occurred as opposed to (when I had history in HS) focusing everything on the dates (when was Arch Duke Ferdinand shot?). For me I could know everything about the background but if I was off on the date by a few days or a month I got the answer wrong. Her teacher said he doesn't really care so much about knowing a specific date but instead understand conceptually how the various world events culminated in what happened. I really liked hearing that and I think it is a turn in the right direction.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Re: teacher mike
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:08:26 PM »
Much like Nate's "silence" before retirement from the Army, I too don't share as much as I think about the current state of education.  3 years from now, I won't be so filtered- not so much about me getting in trouble via chain of command as it is keeping my sanity by not keeping it at the surface of my reality.  I've learned that those who are in charge, really don't give two "craps" about what you think about matters- they only care that you do what they want.........because they're the "paid expert" so shut up and do what you're told.  In education, you REALLY understand why schools are "gun free" zones, 'cause there'd be a whole lot a "fragin" going on in this day and age!  ;)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal