Hello Guest

Author Topic: Not surprised  (Read 765 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Not surprised
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:43:48 PM »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not surprised
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
Still following Ford’s lead.......

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/18/chevrolet-silverado-is-getting-tiny-turbo-engine.html

:popcorn:
Not so sure I like...Chevy's seem to fit with an iconic V8

But times they are ah-changin'
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »
Oh ya epa influence at its finest. Honestly though GM is probably looking to decrease raw material costs over the next 10 years.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
Oh ya epa influence at its finest. Honestly though GM is probably looking to decrease raw material costs over the next 10 years.
Likely heavily influenced by EPA and CAFE standards

Looking at it, the motor is making 300HP and 350 ft/lbs. Not bad and should motor the thing along quite nicely

And the more I look at the boat load of garbage you need to purchase with the diesel engine, and the complexity, and the loss of reliability all these green systems cause, a gasser is looking more apropo. So you get a diesel engine, then you get to purchase an EGR system. Ever look at that component? Looks really expensive. You purchase a Catalytic converter with the palladium which I'm sure is nearly free, right? Then there's the DEF system. That has to cost a pretty penny as well. Then you have to consider that all that green stuff is costing you 15%-20% or more in fuel economy.
So I'll guess that nearly half the uptick in the cost of a modern diesel is the cost of all the tree hugger crap. The good thing, of course is that the whole world does the same thing and no modern engines in Mexico, China, vietnam, or the caucuses causes any more pollution than we Americans do, right?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »
Betting that GM 2.7 is a direct injection motor, the consensus on those types of motors longevity is still out I think. I do know both of my ford fuel pumps were just replaced under warranty at 53k. It was starting hard which after everything I think was a bad tank of 92 octane premium fuel mostly. However when they were checking it out they found pressures were not holding steady on either pump & swapped them both.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal