VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

Dmax down and need advice, repair of CP3 fuel line leak.

(1/5) > >>

JR:
Guys, need some help asap, the max is down!! I was doing the wheel well fix for the larger tires (lots of pics for here) and thought I would open up the little orifice for the fuel rail while I changed the fuel filter lines.

While trying to get the line loose, I noticed that the fitting on the pump was turning with it, so I just tightened the upper fitting back up and now the max won't start. I can see fuel leaking from the fitting, not sure if the hard line is tweaked, but figure it is. No codes but no run either. I can pump up the fuel with the hand primer, but it never gets hard to pump now.

Still fighting the loosing prime issue and tried this at the same time. I did put new fuel lines on from the filter to the engine but see there are others in there too.

Do you think I can just re-torque the fitting and replace the line?

While I'm in there I see there are a couple more rubber lines, but a lot more work to get to!!

I am in a fix and need the max for a scout trip in 4 days!!!

THX!!!

Nate:
you say fitting on the pump........are you meaning the CP3 or something else?  because the only way you will be able to get to the 2 2-3" rubber  ilnes on the CP3 is by removing all of the stuff on top of the CP3. 

if i am remembering correctly, it goes from the filter head to rubber line to right in front of the EGR/up pipe to hard line across the engine to the short little rubber lines on the CP3?

we need a pic ar 10 please.

KensAuto:
If you changed the hoses, you'll have to pump it like 60 times, maybe more.....definately need a pic of the leak. if the bottom fitting loosened up, you need to take the line off (or loosen it at least) to tighten, or use a crows foot?.?

EL TATE:
Ugh, no good JR. send some pics of the offending lines/area of concern. I'll see what I can come up with here. I have our old head tech back working for us and he's got an lbz as well and is well versed in her.

JR:
It is the fitting below this fitting that goes into the CP3 pump. I was going to put on a ported fitting on the other end. I turned it maybe 1/4 turn then realized the problem and tightened it back down.

When I pump it now it doesn't get firm like before, but it seems to pump fuel fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version