PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Anyone looking at or using geothermal?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Flyin6:
GT heat is fairly efficient around here in the tucky, however going to more northern latitudes, I believe it looses effectiveness. Might check me on that.

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on September 02, 2015, 05:07:20 PM ---GT heat is fairly efficient around here in the tucky, however going to more northern latitudes, I believe it looses effectiveness. Might check me on that.

--- End quote ---

Geothermal is pretty big around here, AFAIK. There's a few companies around here that install GT in new houses, existing houses. I was/am even looking into going to school for Green Energy related stuff.

Nate:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on September 02, 2015, 02:42:45 PM ---Nate, not everyone know's what a swamp cooler is. just sayin

--- End quote ---

you know you love em just as much as I do ken................;D

KensAuto:
Couldn't live without them, but I've had quite a few snowbirds ask me what they were. This one's my baby, a 48" version:

moto123:
For what it's worth, my house uses geothermal with 6 vertical bores, I think 180 feet each.  The air handling unit is pretty simple, one heat pump, one coil that switches between heating and cooling, one fan.  It uses forced air to distribute the heat/cool air similar to all conventional furnaces.  It's been running for 15 years with only one minor repair to the variable speed fan drive.  My house is approximately the same square footage and volume as my parents and I have averaged half the cost to heat and cool it.  Additionally we keep the temp at 73 in the summer and 75 in the winter compared to my dad who sets it back at night and generally tries to operate more efficiently at like 76 in the summer and 71 in the winter.  My parents have a gas furnace and an outdoor condenser, pretty typical system and our gas prices are not bad here.  So clearly the geothermal system is more than twice as efficient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version