VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Lifting the 5th Wheel

(1/4) > >>

Tedram:
Hey Guys, wanted to share a project I did a few months ago with some friends.
I picked up a 2014 Stellar 5th Wheel last year and she sat with her tail about 2 inches lower in the rear when hooked up to my truck. I run a B&W turnover ball with the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch. Even after setting the hitch to the lowest perch point I could not get the trailer lever on my stock height Dually.
First step was to get the trailer jacked up and remove the axles, then cut off the stock axle hangers. Then build a sub frame 4 inches tall then welding the stock axle hanger onto the beefed up boxed sub-frame. Then weld the entire thing back under the trailer. This MOD gave me the ability to go up 4 inches, I only needed two, so when I installed the axles back on I used the higher perch point (giving me two inches of lift).  I can go up another 2 inches if I ever decide to lift the truck (or for the next owner).

How do you post pics in between text? It seems the only option I have is to post all the pics at once.

BTW, the shop is a buddies, he supervised and did the heavy welding while I did the grunt work and wore out a bunch of grinding wheels.

KensAuto:
Good job ! just did that myself.

Dawg25385:
Nice work! Ken did something similar I think...

--- Quote from: Tedram on September 23, 2015, 04:28:28 PM ---How do you post pics in between text? It seems the only option I have is to post all the pics at once.

--- End quote ---

If you want to have photos embedded in your text, you have to use an image hosting site like Imgur and then use the BBCode links in the body of your text.

Tedram:
Thanks for the info Kyle...

Flyin6:
Ken beat me to the punch.

Was going to reference Ken have done that earlier in the summer

Lifted fiver's, who would have thunk it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version