PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Home made cistern

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
I am looking at water containment and storage tanks for the hide. I want to have several, in case one or more are compromised. Cost is always a factor, as I am doing this all as cheaply as possible so that it might all be affordably duplicated by folks here.

So I was over at TSC (Tractor Supply Company) looking at plastic tanks. The 1050 gallon tank I think I could use for the shed was a reasonable $799, but that is still a bit spendy. The gentleman helping me asked what was it for. After an explanation, he said his buddy is doing what I am doing and built this tank from culvert pipe. He gave me a reference, and well, here I am:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/build-a-cistern-out-of-corrugated-road-culvert/

fenriswolf039:
Great design, bookmarked that site.

Sammconn:
That's pretty nifty.
I'm trying to figure out an easy water supply for the soon to arrive greenhouse at the cabin. Not that the lake isn't an ample supply, having rainwater close by would be nice.
This may be an option for me to consider.

JR:
I like that and sure it could be setup where it is not all above ground, but not buried eother. 1/3 the price is good to boot.

Wilbur:
Very cool....and even better price. Is this for drinking water (assuming you will treat it after) or for garden, livestock etc.? Will it collect rainfall only or will you pump it to the cistern and then gravity feed it elsewhere?

Thanks for the link! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version