PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Home made cistern

<< < (2/4) > >>

Flyin6:
I was thinking of a sem
--- Quote from: JR on April 28, 2016, 03:44:31 PM ---I like that and sure it could be setup where it is not all above ground, but not buried eother. 1/3 the price is good to boot.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking of a submersible design myself

Was out and about seeing if I could find any culvert pipe.

THe one shown was 60" ID. The pipe comes in diameters all the way out to 96"

A 8' diameter tank some 8 feet tall of which we'll use 7 feet would equal 351 cubic feet

Area = py R2
Area = 3.14 (4)2
Area = 3.14 (16)
Area = 50.24 square feet
Volume = area X height
Volume = 50.24 X 7 = 351.68 cu ft.
1 Cu. Ft. = 7 gallons
351.68 X 7 = 2461.76 gallons

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Wilbur on April 28, 2016, 05:19:59 PM ---Very cool....and even better price. Is this for drinking water (assuming you will treat it after) or for garden, livestock etc.? Will it collect rainfall only or will you pump it to the cistern and then gravity feed it elsewhere?

Thanks for the link! 

--- End quote ---
If I do it, it will collect rain water from the roof. Perhaps more than one roof.

I'll hook it to a device which flushes the first 30 seconds of rainfall then routes it to a filter tank, and from there into the collection tank

I'll use it for whatever and supplement with trucked in water if the need arises.
I will push the water in the tank through a filter prior to use in the shed/cabin.

JR:
Why not build a filter from rock/sand/gravel and filter it all. Heck a good 5 gallon bucket would do that

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on April 28, 2016, 05:37:23 PM ---Why not build a filter from rock/sand/gravel and filter it all. Heck a good 5 gallon bucket would do that

--- End quote ---
Almost exactly what I am going to do, except all two different sizes of gravel and a layer of charcoal

JR:
With all that storage and your ground water, a small solar pump would keep it topped off in the dry months.

Best filters in the world, by mother nature!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version