VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

SquareD Part 8, This thing ever going to get finished?

(1/112) > >>

Flyin6:
Today I was cleaning out the garage a little. There was this huge pile of dust. When I started to remove it, I discovered a really cool old Dodge truck beneath it, in somewhat like a preserved condition.
We have been messing with this truck, what now, 4-5 years?

Well, I'm back on it with today's emphasis on trying to get it idling better and working off the immense punch out list.

First I checked all the fuel lines, putting a wrench on each fitting. Everything was tight, but it started with some difficulty and idled roughly. Afterward I had a garage all filled up with the white smoke again and the unburned fuel was doing it's final burning in my Mark-1 eyeballs

Flyin6:
It has had a long term seep/leak of transmission fluid from someplace...Guess I'll have a look at that tomorrow

Flyin6:
After snugging up the fuel lines I went all over it checking various things for proper installation. I found the boost gage was not hooked up, so I took care of that

Flyin6:
Next I set the idle up a bit and that definitely helped matters a bunch. Perhaps I had it idling too low to create enough fuel pressure to idle well. I'll try and figure out how to get the tach hooked up and working so I can actually check the idle RPM

It's a trick little bugger to get to, the idle screw, that is

Flyin6:
So here is the idle now, after setting it up a wee bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version