GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

Get it off your chest / whats bothering you

<< < (2/85) > >>

KensAuto:
Nah that's perfectly normal Nate. There's not to many people that know what a virgin is now days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

cudakidd53:
ROFLMAO!

EL TATE:
OK I'll play. Friday before last the wife takes the Yukon to Jiffy lube for an oil change. 4 days later, my oil pressure drops to nil, and only comes up under acceleration. she makes it home, but is starting to get lifter clack. Oil level is good, but there's black oil dripping from the filter, so I'm thinking they didn't change the filter out and it's clogged/collapsed, double gasketed and sucking air, any number of things that would be throwing off oil pressure. we live 5 min away so she drives it in yesterday and they send her down the street to their authorized repair facility, (a shop I sell parts to) and they tell her this is the 2nd rig from them in 2 weeks with the same issues and the motor will likely have damage. For an 04 Yukon Denali 6.0L w/ 198K on it, a failed sensor or even oil pump is not outside the realm of possibility, but prior to the oil change 40psi on startup and 35 avg after coming to temp consistent as the rising sun, then 4 days later zero? C'mon man I was born at night but not last night. Of course J.L. is preemptively denying any fault and tried to pin it on my wife by telling her she did the damage for driving after the light came on, but she traveled a very short distance and didn't drive it at all until they told her to bring it in as it was "most likely just a sensor". Course, this is all via text message while I'm cooking at the pub last night...

Bigdave_185:
Keep us posted on this.  Had a similar not as catastrophic.  They broke the dip stick on my daughters 99 Mazda.  Said it was old and she needsd go buy a new one for 20 bucks.  I called and raised hell.  Called the office of that crap place and raised more hell.  She got full credit of oil change and a extra oil change later. Yeah right!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
I’m not fond of oil change places, either I do it or the dealer. Only time dealer does it is when it’s under a service package.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version