TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

New GLO Shop

(1/48) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, time to start a shop build thread. We are buying (under contract at moment) an L-shaped storage condo. It measures 1125 sq ft, has a service entry door and two overhead garage doors. One is 10 x 14 and the other is 12 x14. 16 foot ceilings, electric thermostat controlled heater & 125 amp panel. Should be able to start building a mezzanine in it next week. After some thinking it will be a wooden structure with solid second story floor. Here she is & I will get better pics of the rest of facility later. Facility is gated & has biometric entry, fully video secured & a club house for the old guys to BS & drink coffee. Members have restroom and shower facility on site. It has an HOA, is taxed as commercial (single downside imo) & most guys tack on a rider policy to home insurance to cover assets. Building insurance is covered via Hoa fees.

Flyin6:
I'm diggin' this

dave945:
That should make a nice shop, it’s starting off clean, that’s a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: dave945 on September 28, 2018, 09:53:45 PM ---That should make a nice shop, it’s starting off clean, that’s a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yeah it’s clean now, he had several other units with the floors epoxied. It was a $5k option and well no sense paying $5k to have me end up ruining it.

KensAuto:
2 questions... forgive my ignorance...so you would actually own it, so you could do whatever you want, within hoa guidelines?
..and, how close is the bathroom?(sounds important)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version