VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

1986 K5 Blazer

<< < (2/17) > >>

stlaser:
Bracket kit & mounting hardware $50, then depending on auto parts another couple hundy but I provide all part numbers and you can source from rock auto or whomever etc.

dave945:
Sounds good. I’m going to start busting knuckles on it this week and see if there is anything else I need that before I order, you never know what might come out of this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
Agree with Shawn, probably ujoints or slip yoke...or you left the hubs locked in the last time you went wheelin'..
Trans issue could be the TV cable adjustment. It's different than a "kickdown" cable and has to be adjusted just right or it will shift funky.

EL TATE:
Also could be pinion bearings :cry: Get the rear axle up on jackstands and have the wife accelerate then let off the gas and listen near the pinion support. Deceleration noise is typically loss of preload and bearings buzzing while the pinion gear runs in an "off" spot on the ring gear coast side.

KensAuto:

--- Quote from: EL TATE on October 17, 2018, 10:34:07 AM ---Also could be pinion bearings :cry: Get the rear axle up on jackstands and have the wife accelerate then let off the gas and listen near the pinion support. Deceleration noise is typically loss of preload and bearings buzzing while the pinion gear runs in an "off" spot on the ring gear coast side.

--- End quote ---

Jeez, that escalated quickly. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version