WEAPONS > Gun Control

Bump stocks

<< < (2/4) > >>

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on December 19, 2018, 12:52:22 PM ---Yeah, thank you Trump and the NRA. Not that I ever owned one of these or had any intention of owning one but the fact they can write laws and make things that were illegal now illegal is BS. Rule of law is dead act accordingly.

--- End quote ---
Yea, the problem is the interpretation of the law. ATF for years interpreted it one way, but with this simple executive order, the truth changed and now these things are a no-go.
I hate when the truth changes. It's always in arrears when there is no time to recover, get your money back, get the time back and so forth.
What happened to the constitutional republic? States are supposed to make these decisions according to the framers. The reach and scope of the federal government is supposed to be limited...What happened?

EL TATE:
Obama set precedence with executive order after executive order because he "knew better" than the people. This leads others to believe the same way. I would have told those crying for the ban of bump stocks that I would consider it only after a full ballistics report came back from Vegas. Science would have answered a lot of the people's questions; caliber, qty, directionality and I'm sure there are a lot of answers under that new blacktop.

stlaser:
Yeah, where is all that science from Vegas exactly?  :popcorn:

EL TATE:
Since it came up and was refreshed in my memory I did some digging and came up with... nothing.

JR:
Maybe that was the entire reason for the Vegas incident? To say 1 guy did all that damage with the bumpstock, right. Now they are outlawed with no due process and no compensation.

I bet if you had to get a tax stamp they would be fine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version