FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Small Garden

<< < (2/7) > >>

CLEMON:
If you want to plant seeds then once the bales are conditioned then you put a layer of soil down and plant the seeds. For plants, create a space, put in a little soil and then the plant

Farmer Jon:
Looks real nice. I was going to try that with the straw bales but then changed my mind. Instead of using plastic for a weed barrier I busted open the straw bales and spread it on the ground. That worked pretty good. Then I just till it all up in the spring and start over. I didn't want to pull up all that plastic.

Flyin6:
Very interesting!

I grew up North of you near the chesapeake Bay in a once little town, Abingdon, Maryland. Dad grew everything in his gardens. I was the weed puller and harvester. Things grow very well in that area. I so loved the corn, and how they cooked it!

Carry on!

DOOLEY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJtNJqKM34, THIS COUPLE IENJOYING THE SAME TYPE OF GARDEN NORTH OF THE BORDER.

CLEMON:
Picked up a 50 gal rain barrel on criagslist. Bought a 12 volt pump from harbor freight and wired up a timer. Also picked up some plants from a local nursery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version