VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Duratrac update

<< < (2/3) > >>

wilsonphil:
What has always turned me off on the General tires was the weight of the tire, to give example the Duratrac is 12lbs lighter that is significant.  Not saying it’s not a good tire just lots heavier.

KensAuto:
I consider that a plus, not a minus.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on July 23, 2019, 09:30:27 PM ---I consider that a plus, not a minus.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I noticed on the tires I just took off the excursion they were much lighter than the original spare. Spare was E rated and the rest were not. Add in the fact I did cut a sidewalk out on a duratrac and well Ken May be right. The one noted weakness of the duratravs if you ask around are thin sidewalls.

wilsonphil:
Well it helps to always cruz craigslist  before you buy, these followed me home today 265/70/17 which is the factory size the Rams came with.  Guy had just bought these for making an offroad trip and then sold his truck with aftermarket wheel setup.  Buyer did not want these.

They have maybe 3K miles and late 2018 manufacture date.  Mounted on steels with the hubcaps and lugnuts just had to paint them and put them on Balance is good. $300!

As you can see from the pictures the orginal DuraTrac were starting to really chunk, you an also see the height difference supposedly only 1" height and width difference between the 265 vs 285   

KensAuto:
Man that was a heck of a score.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version