FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

Gas grills

(1/3) > >>

Nate:
So my 12 or 13 year old grill is about shot. 

I have been looking at many different options to include blaze, broil king, char broil, kitchen aid, weber, etc.  I have seen prices from $3k all the way down to the $99 specials out side of the big box stores.

I think i have settled on the weber genesis ii 435 series.  Does anybody have one of these?  Does anybody have hands on experience they can offer?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genesis-II-E-435-Black-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill-1-Side-Burner/1000704848

stlaser:
With that model no, I currently have a broil king (made in Indiana prior customers of mine) and I wouldn’t buy another.....

Before moving here we had a Weber which was 15 years old. At year ten I purchased new internals at ace hardware and kept running it. I have no doubt it is still going today 19 years old....

My next grill in a couple years at this rate will be another Weber

KensAuto:
What's a grill?

Nate:

--- Quote from: stlaser on August 13, 2019, 09:38:06 PM ---With that model no, I currently have a broil king (made in Indiana prior customers of mine) and I wouldn’t buy another.....

Before moving here we had a Weber which was 15 years old. At year ten I purchased new internals at ace hardware and kept running it. I have no doubt it is still going today 19 years old....

My next grill in a couple years at this rate will be another Weber

--- End quote ---

from what I have read, broil king is now made in Canada.  I have also watched video and read that the broil king has some un-even heating issues.

stlaser:
Nate, mine does and trying to maintain a constant temp with grill top closed is near impossible. Never the case with my Weber or any I knew of for that matter. The guys who built the original broil king were fab guys not grill guys. I bought mine over 4 years ago btw, I make due with it because it’s paid for but it’s far from enjoyable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version