VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

2017 8.5x26 enclosed trailer

(1/37) > >>

Bigdave_185:
Converting my enclosed trailer into a camp trailer.

To start
Purchased a bare bones enclosed trailer nothing special
Six lug axles for a 6k haul capacity
Some Led lights on the outside and a man door

Next was develop a list of needs and a list of wants

Need:
Ability to haul all associated bikes n quads, future SXS maybe
Beds for 6 minimum
       Mom n dad
       Twins n older brother
       Plus 1
Heat
Air conditioning
Running water

Wants:
      Solar
      Toilet
      Shower
      Carpeted area

So for the most part this will be pretty bare bones and when the boys and Dad go play we will take this and when momma goes or gets more into it look for future fifth wheel toy hauler combo. 

I started out by adding some floor hooks to haul stuff, than as previous posts showed it got loaned out and was very displeased with the way it was returned. Me and Momma decided to build as previously planned and make it a whole lot less usable for others.   So here we are.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
As of this last week
Purchased 16 sheets of

https://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Tech-1-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-R-3-85-Insulating-Sheathing-320821/202532854

I pulled all of the 1/2 ply from the walls so that I could put insulation between the wall studs.

The first side of the trailer I used a long razor knife and a straight edge and it took forever!!
Second night I brought home the shop trailer and used our table saw which made real short work of this.

I pre measured each stud height and width and labeled each gap so I could see from outside the trailer and got ripping sheets into sizes that fit snug,    I slipped the insulation behind the S shape Chanel and used the exterior screws poking through to hold her in place.  Press fit for a tight fit.

I added some duct tape to the studs but I figure it was mostly a waste and won’t continue. 

So far I can’t get my laptop to work so I can’t draw a picture of what I would like to do.   I’ll work on it.   

Basic idea is up front with some built in cabinets. A water tank under the front cabinet below the sink. A plug in fridge/ cooler and a shower and toilet up front also

More to follow unless I get out a pen and paper lol. Stupid laptop and solid works won’t open.

Bigdave_185:

Only a few more studs to go.   

Flyin6:
Interesting...

stlaser:
$5?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version