GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Trans American Trail

<< < (2/16) > >>

stlaser:

Ok, so I ran across this today. The trail originally started about a 100 miles south of Yellowstone in Afton, WY so thinking of starting there and spend a week camping under stars with a group originating from RM while heading South towards CO. others are invited and I have sent out invites to a couple to join here and chime in if they like.

Baylee in her TJ, me in my JKU and potentially my wife in the 4Runner. Charles and Don have shown interest. Anyone is welcome from the forum to join us. Date is currently summer 2020 and we can figure out what works best. I’m tentatively out week of June 20th other than that wide open to what works best for group.

I will reach out to this outfit for more info on the route and any obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
My jku is outfitted fairly well with recovery gear and have more experience in that area than I care to admit. I’d say if you had 33’s and a locked axle you should be fine but will confirm as we progress.

Flyin6:
This sounds just great

I'd suggest we maintain a rigid state of flexibility in coming up with the route. Take in all the input, folks interests, then post up a tentative route/time and so forth, then from there set it up and post it as the first Real-Man (Not wanting to sound sexist here) TAT ride

stlaser:
Don, what is your tentative timeline? Say we all meet up in Afton, Wy? With that stated if you’re coming from South or East we could start at my shop in Dacono, CO prior to heading to WY. I have a secured facility with showers and restrooms anyone could use to camp the night before heading to WY if you wanted or there are plenty of Hotels local as well if you wanted a break before hitting the trail for a few days.

We could even start the trail in Colorado and head North if that works better?

xjteeg:
How long you thinking of going? A week?
Do they have camping sites or is it a free for all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version