FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Hydroponic

(1/3) > >>

stlaser:
Anyone have experience with this? No it’s not for pot, wife wants to start growing herbs etc for our meals.

She keeps sending me this link but thinking I can put a setup together much larger for a 1/3rd the price.

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 9.45.21 PM.jpeg

I’m thinking, light, tank and a pump plus a couple small odds and ends.

TexasRedNeck:
Shawn I have quite a bit of experience with it from the 80s with reasons undisclosed. Your link isn’t working.

Leds are much better now than the old metal halide and high pressure sodium lights.

I like the flood and drain method with lava rock as the growing medium. What scale and is it indoors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave945:
I’m definitely interested in learning more on this as well. My wife was just looking at some ideas the other day for doing some sprouting and indoor growing.

Farmer Jon:
I am interested in this as well. However I will probably never build one. I just don't have time or a place to keep it going all winter.

I find it fascinating. Some people are raising fish and plants all in the same system. If you have the money you can buy one in a shipping container all assembled. Just add water.  http://www.growtainers.com/
I know thats WAY bigger than you want but the possibilities are endless.

stlaser:

Charles, here is a picture of what she’s asking for. I personally think it’s a pos and overpriced. My thought was some form of water container. Thinking galvanized tub from tractor supply etc maybe water trough for animals. It’s going in our unfinished basement which is several thousand feet of space so not an issue and I already ran a conduit from outside panel to add electric circuits down there.

I know zilch, so anything you can add to school me is helpful. After the 8th time of saying no to the pos above I guess I need to start researching this. I had a coworker in the 90’s who grew pot like this so I know it’s a valid option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version