VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

2006 duramax ABS problem

(1/2) > >>

oklawall:
last week changed the Right hand half shaft/CV axle, Right hand front caliper and the Pittman arm. Truck drives and stops like it should. After driving about 50 miles the ABS light came on intermittently for about another 50 miles, I pulled over and check the connectors on the right side (the side that most of the work was done) and didn't find anything. When I got home I plugged in my scan tool and it calls out the front left hand speed sensor. I changed that and still have the code. Can anyone tell me how to check the gear inside the hub before I start chasing wires or should  I just change the hub? Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steve

KensAuto:
You say you did the work on the right side....the passenger side right?
I ask because you mentioned that
you changed the pitman, which is on the left side.. Or was it the idler on the right side?
If the bearing isn't loose it's probably the wiring. I would jack it up and shake, then spin the tire before replacing the hub. While you're there, make sure the right side is still tight, just in case you're scanner is lying to you on what side it is.
..Pretty big coincidence.

oklawall:
the caliper and half shaft on the right/passenger side and Pittman arm on the left/drivers side.  I didn't notice any play in the bearing but wasn't looking for it. I will check both sides for play may swap the speed sender that I replaced on the left to the one on the right just to check and try another scanner to see if both call the left side. I'm with you Ken when the scanner said Left side I was like what? I didn't even jack that side of the truck up!

Thanks
Steve

oklawall:
Left front bearing is bad. Feels like gravel when I spin the wheel with a little play back and forth. Time to find some hubs

TexasRedNeck:
Timken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version