VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Engine/Trans swap

<< < (2/8) > >>

dave945:
I guess that means your LS engine will be available. It’s used, so I guess I could help get it out of your way.  Might fit in the blazer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
Done, if you have the funds then the max swap is the cats arse.  You already know what its like to chase gremlins and a 12v swap would be like a battalion of gremlins.

Ive said this before and I’ll say it again.  LLY Heads and injectors on a LB7 block and LB7 ECM/FICM allows plug and play.  64mm turbo and basic tuning with 30 overs and you have a phenomenal machine with little stress on components.  As Ken pointed out you will have to regear.  Or get really really big tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
I'm feeling no love for the 12 valve idea

Personally I thought it would have been super cool.

I don't want to regear, again if I can keep from doing it.
It's just screaming to be diesel powered, but even with the .614 6th overdrive it would be turning 2100ish. But thinking about it, 2100ish is about what my D-max turns when its running 80 something. And that motor loves RPM's above 2,000
Smartest thing of all would be to just do nothing and drive a gasser, but two big downsides have me wanting:
Slow cruise speed
No range
And
That Duramax swap is pretty spendy

TexasRedNeck:
To avoid re gearing, 40s would be the ticket.  .614 final drive (second OD ) with 4.88 has you turning 1636 at 65mph

Yes its expensive.  I offer no apologies.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on June 26, 2020, 07:49:19 PM ---To avoid re gearing, 40s would be the ticket.  .614 final drive (second OD ) with 4.88 has you turning 1636 at 65mph

Yes its expensive.  I offer no apologies.

--- End quote ---
40's...My gosh

that's huge

Wheel wells would disapprove

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version