VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

2020 Nissan Titan V8

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
Yesterday, I bought a new Nissan Titan for my wife.

I had purchased a Toyota 4-Runner for her last Christmas, and we used it on vacation and it has been her daily since then.

But then things changed. We decided she wasn't going to participate in the corporate world any longer and she struck off on her own. Her concept was to shop the wholesale outlets selling off unwanted merchandise for a very low price, then resale all of that on a virtual storefront.

In a few words, it has worked, and really taken off. She makes from 30%-50% gross on each sale and has almost parked her 4-runner and uses the boys GMC Canyon all the time.

She has wanted to buy an old 3/4 ton truck, but we have ZERO available parking at the casa, so we started talking about selling the 4-Runner and purchasing a truck.

I went over to the Toyota store and I was flabergasted to discover that mega dealership who normally has an inventory of trucks well over 100, had only one new truck in inventory!!!!!

One!!!

So it occurred to me that this might be a supply problem, and I was right.

I tested the waters by advertising my 4-Runner to dealers who responded vigorously.

OK, a sale/trade of the Toyota might actually be feasible, so I started researching 1/5 ton trucks.

The ford F150 was nice, and so was the Ram. Either of those were overpriced in my view. The Chevy was problematic. She will not accept cloth seating, it needs to be leather. So I was looking at a LTZ or a High Country, both 60K-70K trucks, but nice. Toyota didn't have anything anywhere, so they were out. I have never researched a Titan so I did, and wow, I was impressed. 400HP V8, decent mileage, great everything and the thing which sealed the deal for me, a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty!!!!!!!!

Then when I started looking, I found there was a decent inventory and Nissan was offering $4000 incentive money, and $500 more for my veteran status. I found a dealership that really wanted to buy my 4-Runner and offered an additional $4,750 discount from a $63,000 sticker on their top of the line offering.

Sound good? It was and in a very unexpected way. We test drove and liked it and made an offer. We were close but not there. Kat and I decided not to budge and instead just walk away and drive across the street to the Chevy dealer. We told the Nissan folks that we respected their position, but we decline and would try and make a deal 100 feet away.

That's when things got interesting. The GM came out. He was smiling and mentioned that there was a good reason to shop late on the last day of the month. He said he would meet out criteria which meant the dealership would have to go $2,700 negative to make it happen. Now these are good people, and at first I said no to their offer. I don't want to hurt anyone with a bad deal, my sense of fairness just won't allow it. And as the old phrase goes, "And now for the rest of the story."

That dealership at 1700 on the 31st of August had sold 91 cars that month. The GM explained that their dealership was set up on a bonus funding system with Nissan and to qualify they needed to sell 93 cars. My deal was on the table and a nurse across the showroom was about to say yes to her Sentra purchase. He told me that if he hits 93 cars by midnight, the dealership would get a check for $200,000, and the owner really wanted to get that check. So he was willing to all but buy my Titan just to get this done. He said that the team felt we were the right kind of people and felt good that we should be the benefactors, so he asked if we would just please accept their deal.

We felt the sincerity of the moment and accepted.

We got a discount of $9750 off the MSRP on the new Titan. They gave us $41,500 for our 4-Runner. Please note that I only paid a tad over $43,000 for it back in December, so I have to believe that is the best trade in I have ever gotten on anything.

BTW, we joined hands and prayed over this before attempting it, just sayin'

Flyin6:
Only a half a day old, but so far I am very impressed by this truck.

Flyin6:
400 HP/413 ft/lbs with a nine speed trans

Cruising at 72 mph was a bit over 1,500 rpm

The interior is amazing, just reeks of quality everywhere

Dual moon roof, electric everything, 9" touch screen LED's, real four wheel drive, decent towing, quiet, with an amazingly comfortable ride

Flyin6:
Ours has the optional Fender audio system

Flyin6:
Ours has a "grabby" spray in liner with the optional cargo handling system of rails and tie-downs to well secure the stuff she will be buying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version