TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Tackling the widow maker sidewalk.

(1/2) > >>

JR:
As many of you know the power company ran all new gas lines a few months back. In that they replaced a pad by my meter and at my request made it longer for my compressor, causing a little step where the gate was. Fast forward to today I finally measured out for the compressor and found I will need to trim about a 1x2' section. This gives me a nice little ramp where the new 40" gate will be. Plus I can park the manlift over there for now.

So here is where I am starting. Using my ol HF 7" grinder with a masonry blade. After cutting around the edge I decided to use water. Made a little mess, but no dust and it cut way better.

JR:
Then I cut slots, trying to keep the depth in line with the ramp angle.

Then I used my new Ingersol Rand air hammer to break the chunks out and level the cut some.

Bigdave_185:
Did you get a concrete grinding blade to smooth it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on September 13, 2020, 09:50:50 PM ---Did you get a concrete grinding blade to smooth it off?

--- End quote ---

As a matter of fact, yes. Got the cheapo from HF ($45) but had a coupon. It worked way better than I thought it would. In fact I chipped away just a tad to much and may get some filler. Pretty good now though, smoothed the corner and will round the transition a little more tomorrow.

HF Grinder held up good even getting a little wet. Think I overheated it once, came back on after a rest.

Bigdave_185:
Looks like your ready to change grit and start the polish process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version