TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

Bob's Garage Build, with chainsaws thrown in thread

<< < (46/46)

Bob Smith:
 The heater will be gas fired forced air. I usually set the temp to around 45-55 to help keep things warm and dry. unless working out there, Then turn the thermostat up to 65-70 depending on task at hand.

TexasRedNeck:
Looks very clean and tidy.  That will help a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bob Smith on November 30, 2022, 01:08:51 AM --- The heater will be gas fired forced air. I usually set the temp to around 45-55 to help keep things warm and dry. unless working out there, Then turn the thermostat up to 65-70 depending on task at hand.

--- End quote ---

So that’s what I have in the Colorado shops with exception they are electric as I don’t have gas line in those shops and normally I keep it set at 40 unless I’m living in it (recently when down there) then I keep it at 55 at night (shop warms up much quicker in morning). Back in Indiana we used radiant spot heaters (over work stations) and radiant tube heaters (over large equipment) we didn’t want to freeze such as tube saws and machining centers etc where you had things like coolant and minimum operating temperatures such as spindles on the cnc machines. The radiant was much more efficient as it heated objects. It also heats the floor under your feet which is a great benefit. If you haven’t bought the forced air you may want to inquire about it. Do not buy tube heaters from northern tool etc in my experience those are extremely small output. But have a commercial dealer local spec it out for you. Just a thought

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version