VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

Altoz 766 Tracked zero turn

<< < (5/5)

KensAuto:
Pretty cool. Will it mow sand? We might need to have an Arizona meet/sod laying party so I can get one!

Nate, Charles, and ElTator can cook. I'll hide the chainsaws from Don by distracting him with sweet tea. Pretty sure I can talk the hippie into picking up Dave#2 on the way. Those 2 can do all of the work, urr I mean fun stuff and I'll take the extremely difficult job of herding cats. Pretty sure ol Bob will drop in to make sure I'm doing my part.

Everyone is welcome, but I would prefer to not share too much of the food. Leftovers are mandatory.

Bigdave_185:
You drive past me a hand full of times and don’t even honk,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate:
We need an update on this piece of equipment!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Nate on May 18, 2021, 10:40:13 PM ---We need an update on this piece of equipment!

--- End quote ---
Well, it's now in season two
I only used it a little last year, and have mowed 4-5 times this year so far.
It is, as you would expect, a beast. It mows tall grass, it mows branches and shubbery (Oops!). It mows dog dishes and buckets, and jumper cables.
Since I don't have a compact utility tractor home anymore, I use this thing to drag heavy stuff, like that D-80 rear axle I pulled out of the Suburban.
It will tear up the grass if you make a tight turn or if the grass is wet from rain.
I have not found anywhere the engine power is challenged except for mowing thick/tall grass while going uphill, fast. Aside from that, I suspect it can mow a VW beetle given enough time.
The steel is thick, the weight is way up over a conventional big zero-turn, and the powder coating is holding up well. I am coming up on my first oil change, but first I am taking it down farm side for a full day of mowing the heavy stuff. Need to clear off walking trails, the pistol range, the work area around the barn, around the pond and the roads. I'll report on how it did after that.

I think the best news is: I paid it off. Took, what, 9 months, but I own all $20K of it!
Yippee!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version