VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Buying a new truck

<< < (3/6) > >>

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: JR on October 30, 2020, 04:28:50 PM ---Well, what Dave said but the 2500 will do the job. What is the GVW of the trailer?

2500 and 2500 are the same truck sans the leaf springs. You have added air bags so you should be fine.

If you are worried about legally you don't want to cross the 26k gvw threshold, then you need a another DL per DOT.

--- End quote ---
I still think if I were to do a designated pull truck I’d like a dually, they seem to handle better on the highway, in the wind, cornering, passing bigger vehicles.

It also goes back to the whole insurance idea from the forum we don’t speak of,  over weight is overweight  in the police and insurances views.  No matter what extra add-ons you have

But again ya think Don is in the Tuck where there is no rule but the rule of ones self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
26001 is the denominator here for DOT. The SL95 goes at over 11k, add a spare chains and such with your truck and your prob over that.

A 16k trailer is needed for that since it weighs almost 5k alone. I was looking at 16k trailers but for 2k more I gained about 1k loading capacity.

Going that high with what he wants maybe a dedicated tow machine is in the cards. A stock  dually without all the realman mods even with a gooseneck might keep him under the 26k mark.

cruizng:
Or you could go with something like this and have $60k to do what you want. :)

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/d/spring-hill-1998-chevrolet-x4/7214276456.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
That would be an awesome duramax swap!!  I vote that.  For the content of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Swap the rear axle and bump it to 6 tires, you live in the tuck. Heck I bet they still don’t require lights or plates on a trailer down there.....  :knucklehead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version