VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

oil pressure

(1/3) > >>

oklawall:
Let me start off with I haven't gotten under the truck to check connector or wiring. Also there is only 900 miles on the oil.

Yesterday I started up the truck let it warm up to about 80 deg and it had steady oil pressure but when I started driving down the road I noticed the oil pressure started sweeping from about 60 PSI to 8 PSI all at a steady RPM. Pulled over and the oil pressure stayed steady. Started driving again and it started the sweeping again. Once the engine warmed up to 183 deg it stopped the sweeping. Did the same today. The sweeping os on the dash and on my CTS. I think it is wiring or the sending unit itself, but was wondering if there could be anything else?
2006 Chevy 2500 with the 6.6 LLY by the VIN

Thanks Steve

TexasRedNeck:
Remind us what you’re driving Steve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oklawall:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on November 06, 2020, 09:44:29 PM ---Remind us what you’re driving Steve?

--- End quote ---
Sorry about that 2006 chevy 2500 with the LLY by the VIN code

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
The most reliable way to check is to tap a port right by the oil filter housing and run a mechanical gauge into the cab to reference against the electrical one. Given the problem seem temperature dependent I would say sending unit since it operates on a pressure activated rheostat.

KensAuto:
Agree with Tex.
...but I would just buy a new pressure switch and replace it if it's easy to change (pretty sure it's near the oil filter on an lly). ..$25-30.00

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version