TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Cheapo air compressor (free)

(1/4) > >>

Bigdave_185:
A friend of mine called asking if I needed something to tinker with while out of work. 

He says the compressor motor runs, says it only builds so much air and that amount of air won’t run any tools of fill up any tube/tire of any sort.

Via previous conversation I need to replace this part. 

Subsequently I also need to replace the little brass fitting that goes into the side to pressurize the switch also.    Oops I broke the tab off .

Suggestions on where to look for said parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyorunner:
Lowe’s/home despot was always a go to for brass fittings. Also, if that is the overpressure relief valve, I think Lowe’s carries those in their air compressor section.

Bigdave_185:
Ok I have sourced a new valve, I have installed it and ran for forty min.  No more pressure on the tank over 60psi. 

Next suggestion?

Bad motor?

TexasRedNeck:
I doubt its the motor.  Probably in the compressor head.  Either rings on the piston or the reed valves in the head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on December 01, 2020, 02:20:56 PM ---I doubt its the motor.  Probably in the compressor head.  Either rings on the piston or the reed valves in the head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Are these things worth looking at do ya think?  I’m in the comp about $45 bucks with brass fittings now.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version