SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2020

(1/9) > >>

Flyin6:
Gentlemen this will be our seventh year of doing this Christmas thing.

This year it seems everyone is in a hurt. I am looking at one candidate family right now who is in a bad way. Last year the husband dies in a very strange manner. I hear that while driving down the highway his car suddenly, literally exploded and he was either killed by that event or burned to death, not that it matters. He has a family of three boys and a wife who has average work skills. She started working, cleaning homes and that was going well enough until this Covid nightmare kicked in.

She subsequently lost her job and now the family is about at the end of the rope, sustained by meager unemployment and some donations. They live in a mobile home and with it getting much colder her heating bills are bound to upset the apple cart.

I'd suggest we give this family cash. Now I can give her a check, or I can pay ahead her electric bill, or get a gift card for Kroger, or a combination of all of the above plus something else.

Anyway tonight, the anniversary of a day which will live in infamy, the Real-Man Christmas collection begins

Like always, the donations shall remain anonymous so that he/she who gives shall not lose the blessing.

And ahead of your generosity, thank and may God Bless all of you!

Flyin6:
Just checked our account. It looks like we are starting with $5 in the till... :likebutton:

Flyin6:
First big one just came in for $100. Thank you sir!

Total $105

Edit: I can't read my own accounting! We had $100 remaining in the account, not $5!!!

So, we have $200 total so far for this distressed family

And here's some advice. If you don't want to give, then don't. If you are unsure, I suggest you get real quiet, repent and slowly approach the Lord and ask him to direct you. He may say "You gave at the office, you're good." Or he may say something else. The number we give be it large or small will be the exact amount our God wishes the family to receive. I place this firmly in his hands and in faith. I know I have a good number of real men on this site who will do what their Lord tells them to do. I will not endeavor to understand the why or how or how much, but simply find joy in the simple task of gathering for this family.

cj7ox:
That family sounds like a worthy cause, Big D!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cj7ox on December 08, 2020, 04:15:18 PM ---That family sounds like a worthy cause, Big D!

--- End quote ---
I do think so. Not sure if the husband served, and I am in the background on this.

Another gentleman has just donated $110

Brings our total to $310

Thank you sir!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version