VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Lb7 fuel issue

(1/7) > >>

longball:
Back in the summer I bought a 2004 LB7 from a coworker. 192k miles now and had new injectors fall of 2018 at roughly 185k miles (reputable, local, diesel shop). When I bought it there was a barely noticeable surge at idle. Fast forward to the morning following the first sub freezing night of the year and I had some white smoke on startup that lasted until I took off. No smoke after its warm or at stoplights like my other LB7 when the injectors went out. Throughout that first cold snap the surge got worse and it started surging while coasting to a stop. I ran a dose of HotShot secret though it with my usual XDP additive then changed the fuel filter and the symptoms went away. Today when changing oil I drained more than 2.5 gallons out of it. I having trouble understanding how it made enough oil to be obvious when draining it but I haven't had any white smoke for over a week now. Does it sound to y'all like a fpr problem or are the new injectors taking a dump? Trying to prepare myself before I have a chance to get the balance rates checked.

TexasRedNeck:
I don’t think FPR would cause it to make oil.

Usually it’s the injector body cracking or a line leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longball:

Cant read return rates on this device and these readings were near operating temp.

longball:
After doing som reading I believe Tex is correct and there is an injector body cracked. It makes sense that a problem like that wouldn’t show up on balance rates. I’m wondering if it will show on return rates?

KensAuto:
I'm going with a line connection at the injector, but only if you're 1000% sure it's making oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version