VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Lb7 fuel issue

<< < (2/7) > >>

longball:
I’m sure. When I pulled the plug it was under pressure. Made a hug mess in the floor. I drained my 16qt catch pan before I started and and it was full after i drained everything out of the truck. Poured the contents of the catch pan in a 5 gallon bucket and it filled it to roughly 5” from the top.

Is there a way for a shop to diagnose which side of the motor it’s on or do they just have a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
Lets say it's a cracked housing or bad copper return line washer. Either way I would want to look at both sides. If it's a washer, they all should be done.

6 or 7 years ago I had one in here for that issue. Another shop replaced injectors. It was burning coolant AND making fuel. They had reused the return washers, and used silicone to "glue" one of the cups in.

I don't work on that many dmaxes, but seems like I sure end up with the crappy ones.

longball:
I had a shop tear into the truck and reseal all of the lines. I’ve put maybe 1,500 miles on it since. I can’t be sure but the oil level does seem to be creeping up slightly. I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens. It also still has a slight surge at idle and when on a long, steady grade, I can feel it surge a little. After the shop worked on it it did stop smoking at startup, and starts quickly (as it always has). The shop owner did say that if they have to tear into it again he’ll do the labor for free, which I feel is pretty good of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
Do you have a lift pump? That could be the surge.

Unless it make lots of oil, is it worth the trouble? At least the shop is standing behind the work and the LB7 injectors are way easier to work on.

TexasRedNeck:
You might look at the voltage meter.  My alternator was fluctuating between 14-16 volts and that was causing some surging in sync with the voltage surge but I noticed it mostly at idle.  Replaced the alternator and surge was gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version