GENERAL TOPICS > Faith Discussion

Mike Cleaver

(1/6) > >>

Flyin6:
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:56 PM
To: hoverjunkie@hotmail.com <hoverjunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: My status

Don

Just wanted to sent a quick note letting you know that I have suffered major lung failure and not expected to make it past tonight. Too many organs with cancer and they are starting to fail.

I really enjoyed the fellowship and forums over the years and wanted you to know the joy I received.

Take care and keep it up. See you upstairs one day.

Mike Cleaver

Mike,

I am heartbroken at hearing this. I know you know Jesus and he will be there immediately after our last breath. That is the only comfort I take in this. I have prayed for you over and over. and I will now and through the coming hours. I am so sorry this has to happen to good men. Why can't we just have an on/off switch.

You are a good man. You gave every year toward helping others even though you battled cancer. You were always upbeat and hopeful. You have been an unbelievable example of how a strong man faces his ultimate challenge. You are truly an example to us all. I wish I could shake your hand and say thanks, and see you in debriefing when the mission is over, but everyman walks into eternity either alone or with our savior. Please tell him thanks for me for giving me a friend like you!
You have been a caring and trustworthy friend and your priorities and morals/values have always been in the right place. I will miss seeing your name come up on the site.

You are a Real Man and always have been

Cry out to him, Mike, he is waiting...

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me...

Love you, brother!

Don Harward
Aviator, US Army, Retired
Author of:  Distant Thunder

Nate:
Thank you!

I have sent my prayer and condolences to his family.

EL TATE:
Thank you for sharing this Don.

TexasRedNeck:
Thanks Don.  I’m reminded of:

2 Corinthians Chapter 5

1 For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, 3 inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. 4 For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.

6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 9 Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oklawall:
Thank you Don for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version