GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Trans American Trail Adventure trip 2021

(1/27) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, tentatively thinking June 29th meetup at my shop in Dacono, CO. You all can camp there if you like? Gated facility with water, Rv dump, showers, kitchenette, WiFi and some electricity depending on who shows up. Depart morning of June 30th for a week. Starting North East WY up in Newcastle WY and hitting the trail for a week. No set pace, we’ll take it as it comes and see how far we can get.

Ideally we’d like at least 3 other trucks besides Don and I

Who’s in?

Possibility of a bike or two joining us trucks.....

Flyin6:
OK, S, I'm in
I'll arrive either the 29th or the 30th or the 31st of June or the 32nd
Aviators can do that sort of thing
It's tricky
Takes crossin' the international dateline a couple times, with one bein' in reverse, inverted in a parallel universe
But it works I think!

Flyin6:
So, I'm speaking for Shawn here, because I just split the topic to make it easier for
--- Quote ---old cops
--- End quote ---
to find (Sorry JR ;-)

This is the 2021 Realman-GLO, or GLO/Realman Adventure cruise.

The honorable Shawn is the guy in charge of activities :police: (if things happen to go awry.) Of course I am in charge if everyone has a great time and it all goes well! :cheesy:

This is a reset from the trip last year that got cancelled due to some government cover-up of a Chinese germ warfare attack :evil:,

S-Please publish your (correct) version of the itinerary you have in mind. :undecided:

From memory: :blank:

Day 1 meet and greet at Shawn's shop with overnight supported camping at that site. It is a gated business park with water, showers, some power and some other things. :azn:

We depart the next day toward Douglas Wyoming where we enter the Trans-American Trail system. If it works out I may have a place of interest to visit there, TBD... :tongue:

Thereafter for 7-8 days we will drive along the trail departing only to refuel or purchase more steak, wine, and shrimp. :beercheers:

I am not sure where we end up this adventure but who really cares? :likebutton:

There will be campfires burned, quoffee drank, lies told, good food eaten, not many showers and an armee story or two that begins with, "And there I was..."

There may even be some bible talk, that is if Shawn can get his sermon on kindness, sensitivity, and loving one's neighbor all put together!!!!!!!

Ya, forget that, what was I thinkin?

From what Shawn tells me the trail will be beautiful and quite long but not all that challenging. :likebutton: This is all about fellowship, building memories, and having fun with some of America's most majestic vistas as a backdrop. :cool:

We should have T-shirts for the group by then.

We will likely have a mix of 4X4's...some capable like Shawn's jeep and some that can barely make it like my Burb, and possibly some adventure bikes as well. People who do not have a vehicle could possibly ride along and sleeping space may not be a problem. I will have my small off road camper, and a 3-man roof top tent. It also has a walled annex below the tent that could hold a couple more.

Anyway that is what I know for now. Not sure if we are headed east, north, south, up or down, and I don't really care. Ever spit on your hand, then slap it together,  :facepalm:and use that to determine which direction you were heading? This is sort of like that.

Please make it known here who is interested in joining this fun and adventurous group.  :popcorn:

Inclusive dates: 29 June -7 or 8 July.

Cost per person is $1,000 or $10,000, or free.  :facepalm:
You pick which entry fee that best meets your expectations! :likebutton:

We meet n' start here:

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=151+Mt+Elbert+Ave+Dacono%2C+CO.+80514&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&pq=151+mt+elbert+ave+dacono%2C+co.+80514&sc=0-35&qs=n&sk=&cvid=94961182D1F042B6A227D1E892FC5A33

Bigdave_185:
Do you have access to a point to point map of route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on February 28, 2021, 04:16:35 PM ---Do you have access to a point to point map of route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Dave, I do and it was a whopping $8 to get all the way points for WY trail complete. Sam makes his living running this trans America trail site. I believe from what I can see he’s put a lot of time and effort into it. With that said it’s not something I want to publish online and undermine his hard work. You can also get hard copy maps too via his site.

https://www.transamtrail.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version