GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Trans American Trail Adventure trip 2021

<< < (2/27) > >>

stlaser:
I’ll add I think Don summed it up pretty well. The trail starts north of Douglas, WY then heads SW towards Laramie and then back NW towards Yellowstone National Park. We’re assuming full size trucks that are 4x4 capable can make the trip. In the event it gets too crazy, we’ll detour and by pass the more extreme sections. I have quite a bit of recovery gear and onboard air available. We have no set itinerary and I think leaving it open ended is best. I’d love for these to be an annual trip and run different trails every year.

As far as sleeping I think I’m buying an enclosed hammock and I’ll tie it up to Dons truck at one end and mine at the other. Expenses should be limited to fuel and food, maybe we find a campground to take a shower at some point?

Farmer Jon:
I will already be home from vacation by then. I also seriously doubt that my truck would handle the trails you are talking about.

dave945:
This is very tempting. I was originally planned to take my daughter on a trip to the Yukon this year as her graduation get out of the house celebration. This could be a substitute, if I can get the blazer ready, or a different vehicle prepped in time   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
I am actually going to be traveling back from Idaho the week before this so I will be in the area but a week too soon.

Bigdave_185:
It’s tempting to toss a bike in on the trip but seeming the trip is point A to point B.  The off-road trip would require a ride back to my other vehicle.

I also fall into the list of don’t plan on takin a duramax on a off-road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version