GENERAL TOPICS > Faith Discussion

Bible

(1/1)

oklawall:
The wife is starting a faith based female sober living house and I was wondering if you had any suggestions on which bible we should get to hand a lady when they come in. I'm thinking of a NIV study Bible but will take suggestion or even if one publisher is better than another. I know I have my favorites but I'm a guy and not a recovering from an addiction

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
I’m a fan of the NASB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stlaser:
This is like asking which is the best truck......

I personally go between a couple. King James Version I was raised and taught was the only correct Bible although it can be tough to digest at times. As an adult I bought a Catholic Douay Rheims and enjoy going between those two. Now my wife uses the NIV but often has me look up things in mine and compare. It can get interesting at times.

My step dad and uncle were part of the Gideons and they hand out the MEV which is the New King James

oklawall:
Thanks guys.

I hate it when what is in my mind doesn't make it to my fingers to get typed.

The ladies at this time that are in the house are new Christians along with being recovering from some type of addiction. The wife has already said she will not use the "Recovering from Addiction " Bible she doesn't want to hit them each time they pick it up with their past she wants them to see a bright future with Christ.

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Atkinsmatt:
Maybe some of the info in this link will help with a decision.  There are lots of choices.

https://karenhopkins.online/best-study-bibles-for-women/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version