WEAPONS > Firearms

M1A NM upgrade

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
Time to upgrade the ageing Springfield which I have owned since the dawn of time.
Purchased it at Jim's Pawn shop (Really a big gun store) outside Ft. Bragg, NC in 1984, it has been an accurate and dependable shooter for many years (Decades??...ouch)
Shot it iron sights for some time then maybe 1985, strapped on a 4 X 12 X 57 and started benching the gun at 800 meters. Nothing official, just shooting known distance at a friends farm in Tennessee across the Cumberland river at things like Clorox jugs. That gun could always connect with that clorox bottle as long as it wasn't moving. I was amazed at that...and so far away.

Anyway became a closet queen, then a gun-safe hideaway. Wife gave me a Sig M4, 7.62 gun which is also a good shooter, but with an 18" barrel, probably lacks some accuracy at distance

With nothing to do a few mornings ago and a wallet full-o-cash, I decided to upgrade the weapon. Arch-angle furniture, always needed a bipod, new picatinny scope mount, and a new 30mm scope.

Brownells confirms delivery tomorrow:

DONALD HARWARD

ECONOMY   
03/22/2021   

Note: Tracking information may not be immediately available.

The following merchandise is being shipped
SKU Number   Product Name      Unit Price   Qty   Total
687-000-092   ARCHANGEL M1A ADJ PRECISION STOCK, BLK
   $265.19   1   $265.19
100-002-072   YHM638 BIPOD ADAPTER
   $18.04   1   $18.04
100-029-333   BIPOD FOR ARMS 17S STYLE BLK
   $99.74   1   $99.74
100-005-275   M14/M1A SCOPE MOUNT-PARKERIZED
   $234.99   1   $234.99

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 23, 2021, 02:36:25 PM ---With nothing to do a few mornings ago and a wallet full-o-cash, I decided to upgrade the weapon. Arch-angle furniture, always needed a bipod, new picatinny scope mount, and a new 30mm scope.

--- End quote ---

You put that stock on there and I don't think we can be friends anymore. I can support the other additions however not the stock.

stlaser:
 :popcorn:

Anyone want to take bets on how this turns out? I’m thinking Big D relents and agrees with Bobby......

Nate:
 :popcorn:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on March 23, 2021, 08:14:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 23, 2021, 02:36:25 PM ---With nothing to do a few mornings ago and a wallet full-o-cash, I decided to upgrade the weapon. Arch-angle furniture, always needed a bipod, new picatinny scope mount, and a new 30mm scope.

--- End quote ---

You put that stock on there and I don't think we can be friends anymore. I can support the other additions however not the stock.

--- End quote ---
Well, Bobby, been nice knowing ya!

OK, seriously, why not? What's wrong with it?

The M1A stock is meant to shoot iron sights. I need to add this ugly leather (Retains moisture) cheek riser just to get a decent cheek weld to shoot the gun scoped. This Arch-angel has adjustable check piece and length of pull.

I like the GI stock for nostalgia, but I am not displaying the thing but redeveloping it for a medium range gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version