RULES/WELCOMES > Message from the Owner

Paid membership, Vote here

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
Ladies and gentlemen

If you have been following on, you will know we are again going through our annual hosting service service charge, this year being around $750ish total I think. I just paid the $695 part which keeps us safe, sort of, and keeps us hosted on our own server.

I am going to add some more premium services that both help the site security and will give you folkses some bennies. One of the new services you may enjoy is having your own email address here, such as knucklehead@RealManTruckWorksandSurvival.com

Going that direction will, of course add costs, and although I don't necessarily mind paying for this place, others here, who I just started calling the "heavy lifters," always jump in donating hundreds of their hard earned dollars. What can I say, they are good men, and simply answer the call when they hear it.

That is not what I intended, so I think the answer is to start making money with the site to pay for all this stuff, and have money to give away when we find a worthy cause.

So here is what I am suggesting:
1. First, I think it is time to bring on some advertising that pays something to hang a banner here, and pays something for click-throughs that originated here. I want someone out there, one of you to contact me and tell me how to do that.

2. Second, I think it is time to make this a paid membership site. I don't know exactly how to do that, so I'll have to learn or maybe get some help from you. I am thinking around $20 a year. But I do not want to stifle newcomers for all the reasons most of you already know. I'll have to build something that allows surfers to maybe click through 5-10 pages before they get limited from going onward. Not sure of the mechanics of that, but like everything, I'll have to learn.

Before I do anything, though, I want to hear your voice. So for maybe a month I am going to have a poll up.
Vote no if you don't want annual fees or yes if you think it is the right thing for me to do.

Flyin6:
Early in the voting, but we have two in favor and one against

I'd like to see a lot of input.

stlaser:
I voted that I don’t like it. I’m afraid you’ll limit people coming here and the sites influence.

My suggestion if you all decide on a paid membership. Make it a little more than $20 annually and have a portion go towards a legit charity. I’m thinking something along the lines of a veteran cause that is run well.

Other thought is if you’re a paying member you get extra perks. Not sure what those would be but most don’t need another email account, coming from a guy who has 4 currently.

KensAuto:
I'm not seeing a vote option on Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
I don’t care what we do as long as it’s open lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version