VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

No power to Trailer Brake Controller anymore. Need help

(1/4) > >>

stewie:
Hi all - it's been a long while since ive been here, but i figured this may be a good place to ask...

I installed a Reese Towpower in my 2012 sierra 1500 back in 2018. worked perfect. Fast forward to this year... the 7 prong Pollack plug in my trailer came lose while towing and i could not figure out why nothing was working when i wired it back up. i finally got everything but the trailer brake functioning. i had to go to the trailer dealer i purchased mine from and ask to see how the MFG wired the plug up. Ok, cool i got it. went home and changed up my wiring.

Now my trailer brake controller under my dash has NO power. I checked all trailer related fuses under the hood, reset the harness, checked the wires and prayed. I cannot figure out why I have no juice going to the TBC. I wonder if me having a misaligned or wrongly connected wire initially caused an issue somewhere?

Any insights will be helpful.

stlaser:
Hi Stewie, how’s the family doing?

I know nothing about pollack gm vehicles….. Ken’s in charge of those I think and his gf H!  :popcorn:

stewie:
I need ken in here with the quickness! ive been pulling my hair with this issue.

Fam is ok.

KensAuto:
If the controller doesn't have power trace it out. Black wire has battery power always. White wire is ground. Red wire has power when stepping on brakes only.
If you used a gm harness that plugs in under the dash, it will get power from a large fuse.. like 40a. I think it's called "stud #2" or auxiliary iirc

stewie:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on June 29, 2021, 05:09:30 PM ---If the controller doesn't have power trace it out. Black wire has battery power always. White wire is ground. Red wire has power when stepping on brakes only.
If you used a gm harness that plugs in under the dash, it will get power from a large fuse.. like 40a. I think it's called "stud #2" or auxiliary iirc

--- End quote ---

thanks - ill check this out shortly and get back to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version