PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

My build up

<< < (2/20) > >>

Flyin6:
Mainly I just wanted to bust your chops, ya know standard pilot/grunt stuff

But really, put down a starting weight as in body weight, and periodically post up where you are...

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on October 19, 2014, 08:57:28 PM ---Mainly I just wanted to bust your chops, ya know standard pilot/grunt stuff

But really, put down a starting weight as in body weight, and periodically post up where you are...

--- End quote ---

Ok, I'll keep a weekly update for that. If, I can get Excel to start working, I'll make something graph-like, since pilots (or officers in general) like looking at pretty colors, numbers and doo dads, and making appreciative grunts and non-committal finger points and head nods, usually whilst sitting in a TOC with a cup of hot coffee.....

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on October 20, 2014, 12:00:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on October 19, 2014, 08:57:28 PM ---Mainly I just wanted to bust your chops, ya know standard pilot/grunt stuff

--- End quote ---

usually whilst sitting in a TOC with a cup of hot coffee.....

--- End quote ---

Nailed us!

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on October 20, 2014, 07:22:43 AM ---Nailed us!

--- End quote ---

Not my first time making that observation...   :)

BobbyB:
This isn't really part of my workout (of which I've been slacking on for 2 weeks).

According to the VA, 22 Vets commit suicide everyday for various reasons. That's 1 every 65 minutes. Which is an unaccceptable number to me. I'm part of a military charity called H.O.O.A.H. (Helping Out Our American Heroes). The Wisconsin chapter, for the last 2 years, on Veteran's Day, does a ruck march to raise awareness to this problem. We raise donations and ruck 22 miles.

It took about 6 hrs 35 mins to do the march. I was walking with a short girl, so I modified my pace. Last year my pack weighed 38 lbs, this year they set the weight at 22lbs in memory of the Vets. I believe we had around 90-100 people rucking, some were just walk ups. Some have never even attempted to ruck, let alone that distance, so that was kind of cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version