VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

GM 14 bolt and Dana 60 build for the Burb (aka Spartan)

(1/10) > >>

JR:
Ok, so hopefully you've seen my build started here; http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=81.0

Well the stock 8.5 will never cut it for what I have planned much less the small-block blew her up so she is getting a 14 bolt full floater. Picked one up from CL for just $120 that has the 4.10's matching the Dana 60 I have for the front.

For the 14 bolt I want to go with a locker and disc brakes. Has anyone done he disc swap here? I build my own for an 14 bolt sf sometime back and they worked great.

Looks like I have the wide SRW (single rear wheel ) hubs and the width is 67 in. For discs I really want to have slide on rotors vs held on with studs from the rear. Not sure if someone here can help me with that but some of the kits look to work that way, some do not.

I also like this skid plate for the yoke up front as the 14b tends to be on the LARGE side. It just bolts onto the pinion carrier.

cudakidd53:
I know next to nothing about this, but my Dmax has 4 wheel disc and the rear end is very similar "looking" (floater?) and the rotors are slip-on like you are looking for- maybe?

JR:
My dmax has the same but I really haven't done to much research on the conversion yet. Lots of them out there though. Sure its just a matter of the right hubs and rotors, thats why I am asking. Plus you loose more than 50 lb in the conversion.

stlaser:
Well since Don owns this site I guess I'm free to post up Great Lake Off Road info w/o fear of getting banned. I may have to make a donation though if I sell something  ;). We have the disc conversion, pinion guards, covers and even u-joint girdles for that axle. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Shawn

www.greatlakeoffroad.com

JR:
Shawn, just the man I wanted to show up here. New there was someone here with what I needed.

Not that RuffStuff doesn't have good stuff and Don promotes them, but with lets support this place!

OK, do I need other hubs or is that up to me for width and can I get rotor that slide on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version