TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Metal Slicer and Super Press

(1/3) > >>

KensAuto:
My Christmas gifts to myself. Well, actually end of the year purchases.
Decided to build a real bumper for the LML, and my Hypertherm 30 (their smallest cutter) wasn't up for the task. Settled on the '45 series, which sliced up this 5/8 and 1/2" stuff fairly easy.

..those are the bumper mounts, and they hold this 8" channel on:

I also purchased a 50 ton shop press after twisting up a HF 20 tonner trying to press out a ford wheel bearing. I've searched high and low for a decent press, that wasn't $4,000, and that would serve my little shop for the rest of my career. This one is China, like most of the cheaper ones, but is built really well, weighing in at 800 lbs. It came from Greg Smith Equipment and ran just shy of $1600 . I should be able to use the big guy to straighten out the little 20 ton model, and take that one home for neighborhood use.

....the top drawer of that black tool box is right at 6' to give perspective.

Sammconn:
Nice treats Ken! So the 45 will slice 5/8 huh? That's impressive, I'm in need of a metal slicer myself, but not sure how big I want to go. I'm not likely to ever do a whole lot of slicing, but I also know to never say never.
Enjoy the new tools!
Merry Christmas.

KensAuto:
Thanks man, same to you!

Yeah, the 30 is great because it comes with a 110 adapter, good for 20 amps (cuts 1/8" easily) and at 220 you can cut 1/4", but it really doesn't like it unless you go real slow. It would be great for body work.
 I used the 45 yesterday to cut a 6' length of 3/16" and it was like cutting paper, and even the 5/8 was no challenge. I chopped a 1" bar off also, just to see if it would do it (wasn't very smooth but it did do it).
I originally wanted the 65 series, but am more than happy with the 45....and it was a grand cheaper!

Flyin6:
Cool press!

I own that Hypertherm 45

Last plasma you'll ever buy!

It's great, I love mine

Does a pretty good job on fingers as well!

Sammconn:
Wow that's impressive 1" is a hefty chunk. Even if it is rough, that almost eliminates the need of oxy acetylene. I know anytime I touch the torch it's pretty rough anyway, even at 1/4, so I could accept a bit of rough.
Will have to keep it in mind for my 'need' list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version