TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

HD Engine cart

(1/3) > >>

JR:
Well, I needed my picker and the CTD had been hangin on it for a couple weeks now since my stand (that needs upgrading) has a 5.3 for the elky on it.

So I grab some wheels, 1/4 angle and plate and see what I can do.

2x3 seems about right for sliding into the picker and holding the 1k 6BT with few parts hanging out.

Finally got to use the plasma (forgot how nice they cut) and it cut threw the 1/4 like butter.

Added plates for the wheels on the corners and to act like gussets.

JR:
Got her welded up and primed with etching paint.

JR:
After the black paint almost dried, I tapped the plate out for the wheels. 5/16 hold the 3 inch wheels on plus a little locktite.

JR:
It looked good but how am I going to move it around. The I remembered I had a HF cart handle!!! I cheated some and tacked it on vs bolts.

Plus it locks out of the way is not needed.

JR:
Needed something for the center as the motor or stuff is not just going to levitate in the center. So I used 2x6 pressure treated lumber cut to fit.

Now I just need to screw the wood down with bed screws and it is ready for the ctd. Plus I can bolt wood to it as needed for any type of mount.

If I didn't screw the wood down, that tall motor could easily tip over bring the wood with it easily.

After I pressure clean the motor in the morning, we will see how it fits!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version