VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Dana/Spicer Parts haul

(1/5) > >>

OldKooT:
Ok....so I was trying to work on our Crew Cab project today. I have a set of 16.5x9.75 OEM Ford Camper Special wheels that I was going to blast and powder coat to run some 37" bfg's we have. I ran them down to the tire shop to make sure they were not bent before I invested any time in them... long story, one was bent bad. So I am standing there and this fella who I did not know says "I have two of those that are new" So..... we spoke and 15 minutes latter I am standing in a old salvage yard as a kid I always wanted to go through. Sadly most everything had been crushed out 10 years back.

So the rims that started this mess...

It gets better.... next post.

OldKooT:
So I load the rims up and go to pay him and he asks if I need any 4x4 parts. So naturally I am interested so he takes me to this old building the roof is falling in on and it's so dusty and dark I could barely see. He says "it's all for sale"

A few things I acquired.  That's dust not rust....

The above are a 35 spline Dana 70 Detroit Locker and a Dana 60 Power-Lok 4.10 carrier/30 spline. The DL is brand new and the power_lok is according to the box a warranty replacement.

Also for those that know their axle junk we acquired this... anyone know? Tate no cheating  LoL

Next post....

OldKooT:
Now the one I am unsure of a bit is this one....

anyone??

OldKooT:
Some random shots of other "junk"

next post....

OldKooT:
So far just glancing through the boxes I have identified or seen some of the following.

Dana 25 and Dana 27 brand new open carriers.
A Dana 27 4.27 Gear set new.
I have a half dozen Dana 60/44/27/25 set up kits, all OEM Spicer mid 1980's stuff (Good bearings)
Dana 60 seals, new ring gear bolts, spindle nuts you name it. Also similar stuff for Dana 44. Dana 30,27,25 stuff as well.
Dozens of new front axle shafts for all the above axles.
And I also scored two new Dana 70 35 spline outer stub axles and what I am guessing are Chevy inner Dana 60 shafts, a few pair of 30 spline 60 outer axles and who knows what else. Think I saw some new spindles for a 77 Ford F250 in there even LoL

So to finish this part of the story....He then also had the Spicer parts books, the No Spin parts books, and some other amusing literature. Braden winch service manual, and that type of thing.

So I bought anything that said Spicer on it. Obviously the books as well..... My wife is out there now writing down part #'s and tossing stuff on the shelf shaking her head muttering about how all I was going to do is check some rims out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version