VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

7 pin wiring issues

(1/2) > >>

EL TATE:
On my '03 LB7 I have a wiring problem. running lights, check. Left and right turn signals, check. RR brake light check. LR brake light?  I have power from the yellow wire when the blinker is flashing, but not when the brakes are applied. what gives? Any ideas or experiences with this?

Nate:
Is the lens chipped at all?  Did you check to see if there is corossion in the bulb socket?   My lens had a small chip in it and over time the bulb socket got corroded.

EL TATE:
bulb socket is good. hooked up another rig and confirmed the issue lies w/ the new truck. swapped bulbs to be sure and consistent left side only issues. blinker fires, runners light, but brakes only on passenger side. ran a lead tester on the driver's side terminal at the connector on the bumper and came up w/ the same. power with blinker but no brakes on left side only. I should also point out that it's the only wire out of the loom and spliced to other smaller blue wires.

KensAuto:
RV plug? I believe there's a separate trailer brake light fuse in the underhood fuse panel.

KensAuto:
Scratch that...just looked at an 03 wiring schematic. The left and rt turn (yellow and green) come straight from the flasher module. There might be a reason they tied into that wire. You might try cutting those blue ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version