Hello Guest

Author Topic: Floor Mats  (Read 2092 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Floor Mats
« on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:05 PM »
Tired of the Max getting so nasty inside, the stock matts just don't really do much good. So looking at molded to fit to keep it cleaner!

Looking at feedback on Husky and Weathertech matts. Leaning towards the the WT right now.

Who runs what, do you like em. Cost is close and reviews are up in the air.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Floor Mats
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:55:02 PM »
I have WT's... love em. Perfect fit... easy to clean. I think i paid 189 for front and back in my crew cab. Pics in my build thread
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
JR I have the Husky version in my Yukon. I REALLY like the front seat ones. A thick rubber, very pliable, very thick and fit nicely. They hold a ton of water/snow/mud/etc. That said the rear seat ones are much harder, thinner plastic and seem to mis-shape more easily which leaves gaps for stuff to fall through. Granted it extends the whole width of the vehicle as opposed to the front seat ones which cover the floor in front of each seat individually. But given that the rear seats have been where the kids sit (and drop food etc.) they aren't great. I have not felt/picked up the weather tech ones but I would see if any auto parts stores/ retailers have both versions for you to touch/feel etc. Maybe the Husky's have changed the formula for the rear seat ones, mine are prob 8-10 years old but if the rear seat one is still that hard molded plastic I would try to find an alternative. YMMV

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »
Previously had Husky on my other 1500HD Crew Cab- they hold lots of stuff and are more pliable, which is great until they crack at the bent areas, then all the liquid goes into the carpet and you don't know it!

Currently have WeatherTeck front and back in the Duramax and love them- seamless and catch and hold everything.  When new, feet slide around some, but not horrible.  Easy to wipe dry and vacuum when necessary.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »
I like the look of the WT a little better and hear they are a little slick when new. Their rear looks better too.

Husky has a better warranty.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 05:02:57 PM »
I had husky in my last truck and I really liked them.  I don't know why I haven't bought them for my current ride.  I especially like them in the winter when you've got snow on your boots.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:41:46 AM »
Well, went with the Weathertechs, will let you know what I think,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 12:47:06 AM »
I don't think you'll be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:59:36 AM »
yep, have them in all three vehicles and highly recommend them.  Just make sure to screw that holder into the carpet so that drivers mat stays put and does not shift around and interfere with the pedals
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 01:03:08 AM »

yep, have them in all three vehicles and highly recommend them.  Just make sure to screw that holder into the carpet so that drivers mat stays put and does not shift around and interfere with the pedals
^^ yep

NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »

Found that out fast!!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
I got some of that no-skid stuff to put between the mats and carpet too

NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 01:52:04 PM »
I got some of that no-skid stuff to put between the mats and carpet too

What stuff?? Velcro stuck to the matt?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:20 PM »
Not velcro... it's like this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Premium-Non-Adhesive-Non-Slip-12-Inches/dp/B001AH8PLI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_79_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=05MNAXG8RP8NGXSQF156

I think my wife got it at Fred Meyer or something. Haven't put it in yet, but I've used it in the past and had good results
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
Sweet, got PLENTY of that!!

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal