Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326932 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »
Yeh Ken, that's a big part of it, another part is the coddling of the (some of us) Baby Boomer parents that never made their kids do any hard work or experience hardship.  The safety net, second (third, fourth..) chance mentality is another component.......scary stuff.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »
Yesterday: I hit the hot tub at 4am..by 4:30 I was able to move well enough to start the day.
5:00am I kissed my wife goodbye as she left for work...
5:10am I looked at the snow outside and decided it wasn't a good day to plant grass seed.
5:15am I woke the kids up and declared it MORNING!!!

5:25ish I went out to start my pickup...some idiot left it outside in the snow. It protested and decided it wouldn't start. I fought back with the booster pack. By 5:30 I had a dead booster pack, still no running truck.
5:35 I put the pickup in gear, turned on the key, got into the skid loader and gave it a push down the driveway...it started, I stopped the skid steer, lept out, ran caught the truck and made a note to buy a new battery. This saved me from asking one of the girls to help, hate to interrupt the morning hair/face rituals after all.
6:05 I slid into the coffee establishment, ordered my morning glass of ice water and sat down to catch up on the daily news from the dozen or so men at the tables.

6:12 I was informed by a regula just arriving that my truck was leaking fuel up by the DS front. I informed him it was nothing, as soon as it gets good and warmed up it will stop.
6:25 I could take no more of the debate going on regarding politics..(ask me in November if I care, until then whats it matter?)
6:26 The puddle is only as big around as a coffee cup, almost fixed.

6:42 I arrived at the pasture and counted heads...close enough most seem to be there.
6:45 I am looking through my scope at one of my wife's horses dreaming...I didn't do it yet again.
7:10 I arrived at the farm office and checked my e mail, looked at some market predictions and in general screwed around.
7:40 Arguing with a hired hand about why you can NOT just dump antifreeze in my waste oil tank...that's why I have a tank labeled "coolant"

8:15-9:25ish was spent changing a inside dual out that decided to go flat on the front of one of the John Deer.
9:25-9:40 was spent shooting flys with the salt gun.

9:40ish to 10:00am I got the mail, discussed the weather and played frisbee with the farm pup.

10:30am I arrived home, got the mail there and declared I had enough of "work" for one day. I sat down, read Don's book cover to cover, and thoroughly enjoyed that.

1:15pm I took a small nap, woke up refreshed and ready to do something productive.
1:25pm -3:00pm was spent finding a used battery/replacing the battery in my truck. I also changed to "spring oil" and greased it just to show I care.
3:00pm-3:15pm I spent welding a bolt to the bed side so my tailgate doesn't fall off again and get more road rash. Or worse yet, get lost.

3:20 pm my wife arrives home amidst a cloud of snow and dust and she starts asking how my day was.
3:25pm she figures out I accomplished nothing but loves me anyway.

3:25-4:40pm my wife goes on a bike ride, I ride alongside her in the golf cart and we discuss life/bills/kids/grandkids/her yoga pants.

4:40pm time to hit the shower and call it a day I figure but Nooooooooooo....we have to whip up supper and feed the teenagers who are now home because somehow they all got the same day off work. (odd)

6:00pm we are now at my Moms.
6:40pm we finish arguing with her about how she is NOT having Easter dinner unless she promises to allow my wife to make the ham. Mom recently injured her hip and at 75 yrs old she could just NOT run around so much. (we caught her riding her bike downtown)

6:55pm it's almost dark but we have time to shoot some so my wife bangs steel out in the pasture while I keep an eye out for Yotes..

8:10pm We arrive back home, the kids are watching TV, we hit the claw foot tub and soaked.

9:00-10:45pm I build tree's for the model railroad while listening to my wife wail some great tunes on her sax.

4:00am this morning..sitting in the hot tub I declared it's Friday... Good Friday in fact. So No work...it' a holiday.

Holy Crap! ^^^ The boy's detail oriented!

He obviously has time on his hands!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2016, 11:27:08 AM »
He's gotta get it all in now, before planting starts!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
You think , going by his most recent post, that he will be the one planting? I think he'll be in his truck sippin' ice tea, pointing his old man fingers!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »
Yesterday;

Got the kids up, made em sausage and waffles then got them off to school with grandma (my helper the last couple weeks)

Watched a little TV thinking I need to drive or go nuts. The new cast fits and I can drive, need a pad under the foot and I am good. Left foot brake and I am off to do the taxes.

Taxes, crud. Go to my normal CPA with all in hand and a nice $7700 refund for my solar, but only get $5500 back from the Fed and still have to pay $2000 to Kali. This after adjusting for not enough taxes last year. And of course no COLA this year since inflation is so low????? Where do they live!!
Only thing I see down is fuel. Have you noticed they never include energy in inflation goes way up. BUT they include when it drops like now.

So get out feeling OK since I am not paying and grab a nice big chicken burrito from the whole in the wall next to the CPA.

Blazer is running great cept for a seat belt sensor and a CEL just came on.

Norm, what would you get done without a sore back?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
Reconditioned my wife's headlight lenses... Finally. Used the 3M headlight kit. Worked pretty good. Just double or triple up your masking tape.

First pic is how the lenses were before I touched em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:48:13 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »
Looks good Kyle.
I chopped wood and landscaped

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

OldKooT

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2016, 10:14:19 PM »
Lets see...today was a day off work. I managed to start my truck (small victory) then it leaked fuel on my shop floor while removing the plow. I have finally given in, and plan to rebuild the pump tomorrow. I even spent 20 minutes rounding up a new bosh pump seal kit and if I am ambitious I may adjust the valves. But that's tomorrow...

I then drug a old Bolens garden tractor I got somewhere into the shop and made it run. That was relaxing, so I went and got my Exmark out and went over it carefully as mowing season is almost here.

I then caught my wife for lunch and enjoyed her company a while before letting her get back to work. I then decided it was a fine day to go down to the boot shop and see if he had my boots redone yet...he is close.

I then stopped at the flower shop and had my wife sent some flowers because it annoys her.

After she arrived home, we grabbed the golf cart and through my usual route snuck onto the golf course/played 4 holes and then got bored.

After supper we ran into town again and attempted to get a burning permit so we could burn a brush pile. They refused because they only issue them until 6pm... so we came home and lit the fire...and that's what we are doing now. My wife has fresh apple fritters ready for when the sheriff stops by.....

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2016, 07:27:04 PM »
Turned money into noise getting all the new optics on paper at 50 yards.  25 slugs through the Mossy 930 - picture shows last 3 rounds with sore shoulder and rattled skull.  TruGlo optic was mounted wrong after the first 10 & sighted nice - figures!  Once remounted it was WAY off - GTG now.  Then switched to AR for shoulder relief and got it tightened up on subsequent targets.  Last was .22 lr with a new BDC Cabelas scope - nice bright glass and adjusts nicely in every way.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2016, 07:29:08 PM »
Photo should be rotated 90dg cw......

OldKooT

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2016, 08:39:15 PM »
I'd have rather been plinking than what I did, I am envious.

It snowed again and rained...so since stuck indoors I decided to tear the injection pump off Patch and reseal it. It ran fine but had some leaks. So we started at 10am and by 6pm we had torn the pump off, tore it completely apart, cleaned and soaked/resealed, fixed a worn throttle shaft, and reinstalled. Since I had it spread all over the bench anyway, I installed a different fuel pin, 4000rpm governor spring and a different afc spring. I also turned the fuel up considerably. I then also bumped the timing up for good measure. After some tweaking and tuning, the only real smoke you see is tire smoke. So not the way I wanted to spend my day, but worth the trouble, and no more little puddles of #2 all over.

While I was soaking the pump parts and my wife sonic cleaning small parts I adjusted the valves also, figured I may as well.

So not as productive as I had hoped, but that's one less project on the list.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »
Well me and my wise buddy used his kids backs today.
I think all tolled we cut split and piled close to three cords of wood.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:38:45 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
Built half a stone wall at the farm, cleared two patches of trees and junk, mounted some peg board, and graded some of the lawn

OldKooT

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »
I love cutting wood, I wish it would quit snowing/raining, I could use some chainsaw time sore back or not.

Maybe tomorrow after festivities I will sneak out to the shop and prep the saws. I got two new carbide chains for this season and I m itching to use them.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »
He says nothing done rebuilding a cummins pump, turning it up AND running the valves. I wish,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I ran the kids around, Basketball game, Volleyball practice and Easter play rehearsal. Sold Scout cards with the son (followed on the scooter)and doing easter eggs right now.

I will have to look at that Cabelas scope. I have points an a $20 card and the 10/22 can use an update.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2016, 11:03:41 PM »
Drained the Jacuzzi to fix water leak #3, on the very bottom. Spent all day cutting out multiple 40gal trash bags worth of spray foam just to get to the leak(s). Should've cut it up with a chainsaw and dumped it from the get go.

Mike, what scope you runnin' on the staple Gun? the pattern is a little spread out. haha

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2016, 11:52:55 PM »
I woke up to this mess

I cleaned house, didn't lift heavy things per forum doctors reccomend action
we finally put Christmas decorations alway.
I washed dirty scout camping stuff. Seasoned the cast iron stuff for next use
Took the wife to Golden Corral to use a gift card.  Over priced meat is always disappointing
We finished off our date shopping for food supplies for all next week

I am due back to work and school full time on Monday I am in for a long week for sure, as it has been almost four weeks since I went out for surgery

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2016, 12:36:20 AM »
I have been down for 3 now, but my kids are off next week. It should be fun.

That snow above looks just right. A 1-2 inch and let the kids go nuts. Funny thing I took the kids to the snow just before my surgery. I fell a few times but didn't fight it as was all deep snow (2-3ft) so it was more fun than o crud!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2016, 08:26:33 AM »
Drained the Jacuzzi to fix water leak #3, on the very bottom. Spent all day cutting out multiple 40gal trash bags worth of spray foam just to get to the leak(s). Should've cut it up with a chainsaw and dumped it from the get go.

Mike, what scope you runnin' on the staple Gun? the pattern is a little spread out. haha

50+ yr old w/ tri-focal, mostly German manufactured, good to minute of half-blind Guy! ;)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »
just for you dave.....;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

OldKooT

« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2016, 07:52:33 AM »
Yesterday... well it was Easter.  We spent the day eating my wife's amazing cooking, keeping Mom company, and watching the grand kids be kids. I probably gained 5lbs, but it was worth it LoL

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »
Dittos here, but no grandkids. Fell asleep watching the Sandlot with the kids.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »
Today, I de-winterized the travel trailer.......discovered a leak at the pump........tore open the vanity to access the pump....ordered parts......traded off some outa date propane tanks.....ran the truck through the wash....started packing up the trailer so I can haul it to Michigan to be cold and wet end of the week (hope the weather man is wrong)....took the ladies out to dinner...made a truck payment and now catching up on the daily DOT handi-work!  ;D

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »
Quoffee, emails, trading, purchased dog food, went to Lowes, Purchased lumber for staircase, built staircase, went to the local fire department board meeting, ate a pizza.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »
Got an extension on my building permit for the shop. Bids should be back for construction this week.

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:18 PM »
Fixed my $50 new to me 5hp snow blower, turned in wife's former Hyundai Sonata on trade, got insurance on new ride, added a part to the wr450, got quote on phone upgrade & cooked pulled pork sandwiches & scalloped taters for kiddos.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:22 PM »
Fixed my $50 new to me 5hp snow blower, turned in wife's former Hyundai Sonata on trade, got insurance on new ride, added a part to the wr450, got quote on phone upgrade & cooked pulled pork sandwiches & scalloped taters for kiddos.
Hey, no fair...We didn't see the new bike part!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »
Patience, been busy. Will try & update some build threads tomorrow. May even show off my like new snow blower I scored......

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
And we havent seen any of this pulled pork that your talkin bout......or did you do it up in the crock pot?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »
It came in a can Nate, I add some stuff to it but it's still canned meat.....

If it's any consolation I was looking at my latest & greatest northern tool catalog today. They have a meat grinder on sale for $60 or $70, is setup to be manual or run with a v-belt & 1hp motor. Was thinking it would be a cool mini build to mount that grinder to a maple butcher block & get a 1 hp tefc electric motor to run it. This way if things get loud I have a manual option back up.....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:25:45 PM by stlaser »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2016, 01:31:04 AM »
Got an extension on my building permit for the shop. Bids should be back for construction this week.

Let me guess, had to pay lovely Pierce county for that as well?
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2016, 07:37:06 AM »
Woke up from a 5 hour nap, quoffee, hassled Don a bit, off to work....Someone has to pay taxes for Bernie's pipe dream...
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

OldKooT

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 08:26:58 AM »
I forgot what I did yesterday...oh yeah. The kids had off from school, so we addressed the make shift shop barn at house #2 that's now #1. We removed "most" of the equipment, swept the lumpy floor, and made some sheet-metal patches to fix some holes in the roof.  That pretty much devastated from 7am-2pm. It's not much of a shop, but it will make due until I con myself into building a new one.

2pm ish we hauled the Exmak to town and mowed a home my oldest owns as a project.

At 3pm or so I saw my wife ride by on her bike, so I chased her with the mower for two blocks yelling "if I catch you I will kiss you" Some bystanders at the bottle shop were confused when I cut across the parking lot to catch her...which I didn't. Even my 20mph Exmark is no match for her legs and embarrassment fueled energy LoL

Supper was bean an ham soup n all the fixings..after supper we got a visit from the grand kids so while Grandma and Granddaughter spent time trimming roses, us men folk and the old dog went and examined bugs and other fun stuff 2.5yr old boys enjoy.

I fell asleep to my wife rubbing my back while she yakked on the phone with her sister about some half baked idea they have to go camping. Now I personally want to see her sister who's idea of roughing it is to travel across Austin in a Prius without sunglasses go camping...but probably not bad enough to actually attend the event personally.

OK I best get back ta today......

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Now I personally want to see her sister who's idea of roughing it is to travel across Austin in a Prius without sunglasses go camping...but probably not bad enough to actually attend the event personally.

Your wife is my sister-in-law??  Have you seen my "camper"?  ROFL

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »
Helped out a buddy to find the electrical gremlin in his skidoo.
Found it expropriated and all is well now.
I guess I went to work today too.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

OldKooT

« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »
LoL TRN.... wish we were related by marriage, family events would be so much more fun.

So yesterday...I decided to semi-crack a safe. A few months back I bought a 1700lb antique (1940's) Safe for some reason. It was open, dial taped immobile but no combination. I won't go into detail, but lets just say it was an amusing 4 hours. Anyway...it now works as it should, so time to push it into some corner and use it as designed in the shed/shop/barn.

"Patch" decided to overcharge again. I fixed it by unplugging the regulator, problem solved for now.

I spent the afternoon/evening over at the other place helping the kids. My wife mentioned a need for a road trip...so we are in the planning stages of that.

Today it's suppose to be 75 degrees, I intend on working on my all over tan while mowing ;D

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2016, 07:33:02 AM »
(Yesterday)  Cleaned the rifles from last Sat. fun at the range......boy 180 rounds of 5.56 dirties up a weapon.....laundry & vacuuming - brownie points!.....finished repairs on water system of RV and buttoned it all up...repaired trashed garden hose...packed the tenement on wheels for early departure (this am) after the psychotic commute traffic dies down...secured all weapons in safe as the house will fill with 6 screaming 11yr. old girls this weekend (see why I'm heading out!) for the daughters belated BD Party...repaired dead spots on lawn with seed and feed...was awestruck by Don's stair build and swhobies motor fire-up and mothers enthusiasm...and closed the day with quality time with the two ladies of the house.

TODAY - heading off to chase dogs on horseback in Michigan...sip Bourbon...hopefully NOT see snow while doing it...catch up with friends of the dog world...judge others dogs this weekend as I enjoy the last half of Spring Break!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2016, 07:37:22 AM »
LoL TRN.... wish we were related by marriage, family events would be so much more fun.

So yesterday...I decided to semi-crack a safe. A few months back I bought a 1700lb antique (1940's) Safe for some reason. It was open, dial taped immobile but no combination. I won't go into detail, but lets just say it was an amusing 4 hours. Anyway...it now works as it should, so time to push it into some corner and use it as designed in the shed/shop/barn.

"Patch" decided to overcharge again. I fixed it by unplugging the regulator, problem solved for now.

I spent the afternoon/evening over at the other place helping the kids. My wife mentioned a need for a road trip...so we are in the planning stages of that.

Today it's suppose to be 75 degrees, I intend on working on my all over tan while mowing ;D
Wear SUNGLASSES the glare off that Nebraska skin could cause snow blindness!  8)

OldKooT

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »
LoL...yah white it is for sure.

So yesterday I spent the morning making a old garden tractor behind my shed run. That went well enough I decided to make a old chainsaw (Stihl av031) run again. About the fourth pull the muffler broke off...I kicked it under the bench for another day and went to the gun shop.

I got tired after about 20 min of the banter there and decided I best go get something done...so I mowed ditches until 4pm and then met my wife in town at the park and she pitched me the idea of donating a park bench. I assured her I'd haul a old tree stump down there and drop it off. She was less than enthused with my community spirit, so she road off on her bike chanting some old war chant her Mom taught her, and I drove home reflecting on red haired Natives n such...  then after arriving home, I spent 45min looking for my paint buffer, no joy.

I gave up and spent the evening with my wife going over some maps she found buried in the court house basement.

Wonder what today will bring? I assure you I will find the culprit who has my buffer and retaliate...So I can buff my safe.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
LoL...yah white it is for sure.

So yesterday I spent the morning making a old garden tractor behind my shed run. That went well enough I decided to make a old chainsaw (Stihl av031) run again. About the fourth pull the muffler broke off...I kicked it under the bench for another day and went to the gun shop.

I got tired after about 20 min of the banter there and decided I best go get something done...so I mowed ditches until 4pm and then met my wife in town at the park and she pitched me the idea of donating a park bench. I assured her I'd haul a old tree stump down there and drop it off. She was less than enthused with my community spirit, so she road off on her bike chanting some old war chant her Mom taught her, and I drove home reflecting on red haired Natives n such...  then after arriving home, I spent 45min looking for my paint buffer, no joy.

I gave up and spent the evening with my wife going over some maps she found buried in the court house basement.

Wonder what today will bring? I assure you I will find the culprit who has my buffer and retaliate...So I can buff my safe.
I'd suspect that fella who "borrowed" one of your boats...

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »
Wear SUNGLASSES the glare off that Nebraska skin could cause snow blindness!  8)

Pics or it ddn't happen,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »
Finally got around to grinding up caribou last night.

About 115-120 lbs all said and done.
Blended with 30% pork, bagged in 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 lb bags.
Sam

OldKooT

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »
That looks like a nice freezer stash there, real nice.

I spent most of the day building fence, exciting huh? LoL

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2016, 09:55:44 PM »
Yummy.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »
Send some this way!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2016, 11:02:52 PM »
DAMN, nice haul there!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2016, 11:44:45 PM »
Busted one of my neighbors who has been a grump about all the construction. Somebody was talking about spineless neighbors earlier? Well i got added to an invite only type neighborhood FB page, and reading through old posts, find some whining about our construction. Also bitching about something else, rather than come talk to me about it. I had sent a letter to everyone regarding upgrading THEIR mailbox while we do doing ours, and heard back from not a single person... but they were fine to chat it up behind the scenes, when i wasn't a member of the group.

So anyway, i'm in here working from my office, where i can see out but you can't see in... and one of the neighbors comes and get's their mail. Proceeds to stomp out her cigarette right on my property next to my driveway. This is after all her dogs did their business on my would-be lawn, and i let it go since for now it's just dirt. So I marched out there in my socks and informed her that she dropped her cig, and handed it back to her. Turned around and marched back inside and got back to work. Clearly, she had no idea i was watching her the whole time.

Kind of a jerk move maybe by me, but dangit, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. This is MY property. And this is right after i discover them talking about me without having the nuts to talk to me. Well, heyoooo it's me your new neighbor, and i got NO problem talking to YOU.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:47:08 PM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »
I've always wanted to go to the offending party's lawn and just take a leak/dump on their lawn and when they flip out, just say, why is it acceptable for your dog to do it on my lawn but I can't do it on yours?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2016, 09:35:19 AM »
Im with trn,

Kyle, the HOA bullcrap there in wa is some of the worst i have ever seen/heard about.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2016, 09:48:30 AM »
Stared at my Keurig in sadness as I remembered I still haven't allowed myself to buy coffee, so I went sans coffee yet again this morning. Then made a breakfast scramble with leftover Lemon and Garlic pork tenderloin, a potato and 2 eggs. Then I went to work.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal