Hello Guest

Author Topic: New toy  (Read 1230 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New toy
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:05:30 PM »
Quiet as a mouse fart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: New toy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:16:34 PM »
I bet! My buddy has a very similar pistol without the suppressor. My knowledge of them is very weak....is that a new version of a long standing model? I think his is pretty old but i could be wrong. It looks really similar. His is fun to shoot as it is....I bet yours sounds like a BB gun if that.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
Bet all you can hear is the action huh

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 09:33:53 PM »
Nice. You need my shipping address...these ground squirrels are runnin rampant.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
It's a ruger 22/45. Not sure the year. Bought it a few years ago off the grid and just had the barrel threaded and the front sight set back. The bull barrel is almost the same diameter as the suppressor. Makes for a neat package.  If you hold your thumb over the bolt when you fire, it is like snapping your fingers.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »
Does that suppressor throw the balance off bad? I never screwed one in a pistol because I figured it would. Might have to thread a barrel and see I reckon.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »
The little 22 suppressor is really light. I was able to hold on some 4 inch steel rounds at about 25 yards. Without any trouble. If anything the extra weight made it feel more stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »
I reckon I'll get a barrel threaded then. We have a couple 22 supresssors on rifles that work great and are light. I'll play with a pistol and see how I like it.

DOT comment: Have you checked out the mag lite suppressor parts at sdtactical.com? They work just as good as the high dollar jobs. We have a couple registered with the trust I'm part of. We tested this with a meter not just our ears. Of course you still have to register it before assembly and use.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
Heck, here in Kali you can't even posses the parts.

I got a 22/45 a few ears back, nice feel for sure. I have a Browning Medalist too, handed down from pops case and all.

They have the same flashlight option for a light combo at HF, much cheaper. Plus you get to keep the little light!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:45:25 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal