Hello Guest

Author Topic: Big Dave's honey do's; what Big Dave does when handling/not handling twins  (Read 35601 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dave's honey do's; what Big Dave does when handling/not handling twins
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2018, 12:31:56 AM »
 :likebutton:
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »
Always a good feeling when you do it yourself AND it cures the issue!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
All buttoned back up, start truck to get a batteries not charging error

V meter says they are charging, edge gauge says it?s charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »
All buttoned back up, start truck to get a batteries not charging error

V meter says they are charging, edge gauge says it?s charging

Earlier you screwed with a gremlin

Not just screwed with it, you bested it

It isn't done with you.

At this point it has probably plastered your vin all over the GFB (Gremlin facebook) where others have noticed and one just hit the "Like" button

Brace for impact young man!
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2018, 11:02:24 PM »
Come on Don. Don?t put me into the gremlin chase.   It?s to cold for that.

I can?t even open a tool box drawer four inches when my truck is in grandmas garage.  It?s way to tight to work on. 

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
Well much thought and conversation on the job topic.   I spoke with my current manager/good friend. Told him we will work at our goals for two months and see what we can turn out ( two months so that my financing for the new home isn?t muddied with the job change) and reevaluate from there.

The construction job is open ended to start and close when I say.  Joining his team only elevates his business and he is pleased to let me finish school, meet my family needs, I see a five year window of growth at a minimum here in Utah for the housing market, multiple sources feel the same.  Depending on future growth of Utah (new California) has a great potential to surpass five years.
My plan is a three year with school to finish my Manufacturing Engineering degree and decide to move MBA or stay construction or just presume the engineering from that point.
I enjoy team/people management, I excel and processes and design, I thrive in a rotating environment and all three of these options provide that with the exception of HR and people not liking to be told pure blunt truth.

I am still curious what all of you guys do for work, more detailed than I work for a this and state at a computer.

I currently work for L-3 technology, I build mostly the antenna systems for UAV?s that go into the predator, U2, new U2 as we call it.
I have worked on other systems that mount to Humvees and systems that mount to the top of these Hoover type planes Don likes so much. Person to person, person to FOB to ship com systems. We do a lot of military application stuff.

What do you do?

Offline Bob/OlallaWa

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »
Me, nothin important just keeping up on the home front. My work days ended many years ago...

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
I'm a design engineer for John Deere Horicon works.  In Horicon we design and build the X300, X500, X700 and X900 lawnmowers and the Gators.  We also design the residential Zero turn units but production of those were moved to Greenville, TN a few years back.  Specifically I own the design of the mower decks for the X300 and X500 product.  If you have seen any of John Deere's recent "it's not how fast you mow, but how well you mow fast" commercials those decks are my design control.

I have my bachelor's in mechanical engineering with a minor in product design.  I did do one summer internship with an automotive supplier in Michigan.  It was a manufacturing engineering role in the plant where they turned and assembled front half shafts. 

What does my day look like?  It varies depending on the time of year and timing of whatever project I am working on.  I have new design responsibilities as well as making sure the factory keeps running.  Top priority is always taking care of any "fires" in the factory.  My day can be completely turned on it's head if I get a call from the factory floor with an issue that they need design engineering help with.

When I'm at my desk I spend a lot of time on the computer working in CAD.  There is also a lot of time spent communicating with the rest of the extended team.  I probably work most closely with the warranty team.

I do a little bit of travel.  There might be a couple trips to Florida during the winter to do some product testing.  We have a test site down there that maintains an area of grass for us when we have no grass here in WI.  Because I am the only mower deck engineer in my product lines group my new usually floats to the top of the list if there is a trip planned for Europe.  That happens every 3-5 years probably.

My side gig is building bumpers for trucks.  It started when I built one for my 03 Dmax about 7 or 8 years ago.  On average I build about 1 a week.  That averages out to around 5 hours of work give or take depending on the model.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
I'm failing at being a housewife...

Sad story

Guess I'm not trained or qualified for the position...
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Offline stlaser

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
I make one heck of a PB & Jelly sandwich & my nickname is lunchlady! :tongue:

Learn the rules like a pro so that you can break them like an artist -Pablo Picasso-

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
I'm failing at being a housewife...

Sad story

Guess I'm not trained or qualified for the position...

I concur with that Don. Just made frozen pasta for dinner.

Guess most of you know I am retired. LEO for 26 years.

Bear, I want to close in my aftermarket bumpers and have 2 to build for the Burb. Another thread for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like your plan Dave. Sounds like you have it worked out, sure HE will help along the way.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »
Dave, I work for a very large company in the employer benefits business.  I lead a team of 45 people who sell and service our customers and I also work to develop new products and strategies.  I manage a P&L of about 2B in revenue and 100M in profit.  I've been with this company about 15 years.  My days are all over the map.  150 emails a day, several conference calls, a few in person meetings, lots of coaching with my team. Some travel for meetings and such.  Lots of in person external meetings with customers and brokers who distribute our products.  My college degree plan was electrical engineering but I stopped just short of finishing.  After 28 years in my field I like to say I have a masters degree from the university of get your a$$ a job
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:36:59 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 14, 2018, 02:34:31 PM »
I teach HS Art & Photography; less about teaching as of late and more about managing ill behavior and figuring out how to teach those who actually want to learn in the process. I spend my day shaking my head wondering why teachers are the only ones really held accountable. State of ILLinois saw fit to pass a law that SEVERELY limits suspensions and expulsions.  Needless to say, I have learned to ignore much of what I used to turn over to Deans for disciplining them as they have their hands tied. So the essence of what I due is trying to perfect the concept of picking up a turd with bare hands without getting dirty!  Manager of multiple people with multiple needs with many who don?t really want your product while trying to meet the needs and desires of those who really do; required to treat them all equally - some with special behavior issues MORE equally.

(Animal Farm quote for those of you of my generation)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
I have never been envious of the direction education is going across the country, that type of position is really hard with parents who are just a useless as the students in many cases