Hello Guest

Author Topic: Nine meals from Anarchy  (Read 651 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Nine meals from Anarchy
« on: April 19, 2016, 12:26:58 AM »
Saw this & thought I'd post the article & a recent experience.

So here's the article link. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-18/nine-meals-anarchy

Now here's the experience. So I stop in at a local warehouse club type store recently. Rumor has it this is the busiest of this type of store in a fifty mile radius. Doesn't really matter when you stop in this place has a good (on average) fifteen registers open & the lines are normally five deep sometimes more. The majority of the customers by my recollection are normally buying food. So I'm in line behind a middle age guy who has two buckets of freeze dried food nothing else in the cart. He's in decent shape and quiet minding his own business. Gets to the register & the lady running said register takes his membership card. She then looks at the cart eyeing the two buckets of food. Looks back at customer & asks him and I quote "what are you a dooms day prepper?" The guy calmly responds no, my family hikes and camps a lot. Apparently that wasn't what the clerk wanted to hear as she frowns & then asks "well are the meals any good?" At this point I'm rolling my eyes as the guy then calmly responds i don't know but I guess we're gunna find out. He takes his receipt and walks away.

So I'm looking around at the irony of the whole situation I just witnessed. Here I am with jars of peanut butter, loaves of bread & boring snacks for the kiddos weekly packed lunches I approach the clerk. She gives me the normal greeting and takes my card. Looking around still I lean in and ask her if she's a fan of dooms day preppers? (I think I watched one episode for the record) She states no confused & embarrased it seems by my direct question. I then tell her the fact that if the trucks ever stop running we have less than a ten day supply of food in this nation. Wish I had a camera handy at that moment.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Nine meals from Anarchy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
LOL! Priceless!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal